Thread: Autoblog piece on Canadian Mirage premiere (mostly negative comments)

Autoblog piece on Canadian Mirage premiere (mostly negative comments)

Name:  autoblog_logo_new_web.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  5.9 KB

Autoblog (USA): Mitsubishi Mirage bows in Montreal without a name, Canadian sales promised

There's nothing new in the article itself. It regurgitates the main points Mitsu provided at the Canadian debut.

It's the comments where things are interesting - currently 55 posted. They're running about 2 to 1 negative to positive by my own count (not counting "indifferent" comments).

The negativity is overwhelmingly about the styling, followed by questions about the overall viability of the company in the US market.

Related on MF: What do you think of the Mirage's looks / styling?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Meh, unless its a sports car with tons of horsepower AB readers comment the same. They seem to have no realization that most people just want a car that can get you around frugally without the need for tire burning action. For that actual purpose the Mirage has a good chance of being a big hit.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

There's a LeftLaneNews.com piece as well. Similar comments:

North American-market Mitsubishi Mirage bows at Montreal show

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yep we get much the same here in OZ unless its some fire breathing V8 or high performance turbo 6 cylinder.