Thread: Valid TPMS software confirmed in aftermarket

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Valid TPMS software confirmed in aftermarket

Recently had a TPMS sensor replaced and programed to the ECU at a non-dealer mechanic. First sensor we tried, a widely used brand name, would not work for some reason, second sensor was dealer sourced and was then (at the private shop) successfully programed/recognized by the ECU. TPMS light is now off. Not sure what software or device was used but the shop owner said he had to use ''the expensive one''. So at least Mitsubishi is not holding the software hostage.

The shop is in Southern California, called Bymar Tire and a lot of the local mecs sub-out TPMS issues to them. I am not associated with them but they gave me the go ahead to post. Looks like its not only a difficult to find software issue but the TPMS sensor needs to be OEM sourced as well.

Saved 80 bucks over dealer. NONE of the national chain tire shops near me could program the TPMS to ECU so its still seems like the software is fairly new or hard to comeby.

Also, local dealer reports 40% of aftermarket tpms sensors, across brands, won't work and they don't know why.

Just wanted to pass along that if someone is determined to bypass dealer pricing it is possible, but buy an oem sourced sensor or risk it not working despite having proper software.
    Last edited by gone.a; 03-26-2018 at 02:48 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (03-26-2018),Cobrajet (03-26-2018),Daox (03-26-2018),tomrad (03-26-2018),Top_Fuel (03-26-2018)