Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Death accident Mirage G4

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Multiple Death accident Mirage G4

Just saw a horrific accident involving a rental G4 on the news. It was broadsided by an F150. Actual damage to the car was bad but it wasn't demolished and didn't split in two like some really bad similar accidents. The shocking thing was that all 4 passengers died! The police even said its rare that every person in the car dies. Side impact protection may need to be improved in this car.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Very sad. But 2,000 pounds vs 6,000 pounds ain't gonna end well...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yeah.. It's an F250 doing hwy speed and the G4 pulled out in front of it. There are some Farcebook pics online.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    That's just awful. Are there any more details about this? It sounds like the result of a moment's inattention.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Were any seatbelts used? Let's not forget that in an accident, any unsecured passenger(s) become projectiles. That's why you make sure EVERYONE in the car is strapped in. Even if you are buckled in, an unrestrained passenger is can kill those with their seat belts on.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I don't know about you guys, but when a traffic light turns green I don't just step on the gas. I'm a little more paranoid in my Mirage and I make sure traffic has stopped before I pull away. This happened to me over the weekend. Some guy was either not paying attention or was trying to beat a yellow light. He ended up running a red light at 50+ mph. If I had just pulled out into the intersection, he would have taken the front end off my car. I tend to treat this car like a motorcycle with fenders since lots of people are driving vehicles that weigh twice what the Mirage does.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (04-03-2018),Marklovski (04-03-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    TITUSVILLE, FLORIDA

Four people died after a violent collision between two vehicles on State Road 405 at Sisson Road just after 6 p.m. on Monday.

Columbia Boulevard was shut down for period of time at Grissom Parkway and Sission Road, while crews worked the scene.

According to Titusville Police Public Information Officer Amy Matthews, the preliminary investigation revealed that the driver of a white Mitsubishi sedan, traveling west on State Road 405, made a left turn at Sisson Road into the path of an eastbound black Ford F-250 pickup truck.

Police say all four occupants of the sedan were pronounced dead at the scene.

Investigators believe the deceased are members of the same family and were visiting the area from the United Kingdom and the Mitsubishi sedan was a rental vehicle.

The driver of the Ford pickup truck was transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries, according to Matthews.

This crash remains under investigation and the names of the deceased will be released upon notification of family.

Video news story: https://www.wftv.com/traffic/inciden...rash/725971776

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's just awful. Are there any more details about this? It sounds like the result of a moment's inattention.
    They were British vacationers and they believe they were trying to get back to their hotel and were unsure which direction to go. They apparently turned left right in front of the truck. They didn't specify the speed the truck was going but that road is not a highway so I'm guessing speed limit was 45-50. Since the car was intact, I'd say that was about how fast he was going. Looking at the car, I'm shocked the driver and passenger behind him died, UNLESS no one was buckled in.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    While I agree the weight difference is a big reason this was a deadly crash, I've seen an early 2010s Mazda 3 split in two right behind the front seat where both front seat passengers survived. I really feel those on the driver side should have survived, unless they just weren't buckled in. I'm curious if the side curtain bags on the driver side deployed.

Thoraxe the Impaler LetItMarinate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I second that! I always drive very cautiously in my mirage because I know if I get in a wreck with anything it's going to hurt wayyyyyyy more than if I was in a big truck. Be careful and cautious guys.

Shake and bake baby

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LetItMarinate For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-03-2018)