Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bent my Steel Wheel and Lost a Hubcap

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    FYI... I was in my local Discount Tire the other day having some new sensors installed (another experiment on my part...I didn't really need new sensors). Anyway, My local Discount Tire has a Bartec TPMS tool with the special Mitsubishi Adapter required to do TPMS sensor registration in a Mirage. They brought the tool out and it worked on my Mirage! Even better...they didn't charge me a dime because that's where I originally bought my tires. So at least some shops are catching up with the ability to handle late model Mitsubishi TPMS.
    Thank you for the awesomest thread hijack! Kisses!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-11-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Update everybody. Had the G4 back tire checked out at Discount Tire. Great staff. Turns out the wheel was only cosmetically bent on the outside lip, no tire pressure issues. Was told steel tires can take beating that alloys simply couldnt. I appreciated their honesty and they checked the tire pressures for free. Ill have trouble keeping hubcaps on though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Update everybody. Had the G4 back tire checked out at Discount Tire. Great staff. Turns out the wheel was only cosmetically bent on the outside lip, no tire pressure issues. Was told steel tires can take beating that alloys simply couldnt. I appreciated their honesty and they checked the tire pressures for free. Ill have trouble keeping hubcaps on though.
    I've watched a few youtube clips of guys crushing alloy & steel wheels on purpose. Not sure why I did that? Need more of a life I guess. The two definitely have different characteristics. Reminded me of aluminum verses carbon arrows somewhat.

Good to hear that your steel rim is still functional.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-11-2019)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    My job takes me through just about all of Europe, but I can't recall any places with potholes bad enough to damage wheels, except maybe rural Moldavia... Heck, we have 2019!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Update everybody. Had the G4 back tire checked out at Discount Tire. Great staff.
    I've always been impressed with Discount Tire's service. I bought my wheels/tires there, and they have done multiple services for me for free that they could have easily charged me for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Update. Took the G4 in to get the tires rotated and they said I have to get a new steel wheel. They didn't our OEM size 4.5". Said he'd have to order it from Mitsubishi! I said no thanks. Any links for a steel wheel our size?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Update. Took the G4 in to get the tires rotated and they said I have to get a new steel wheel. They didn't our OEM size 4.5". Said he'd have to order it from Mitsubishi! I said no thanks. Any links for a steel wheel our size?
    I bought a pair of steel rims from onlywheels.com two years ago. They carry a number of 14" rim sizes. Different hole patterns, offset, & hub bore. Thus, you want to get the right one. I paid $50/pair with free shipping at the time. They are 14" X 5.5" rims, which will still work perfectly for 165/65r14 or 175/64r14 size tires.

I am having a bit of difficulty doing a vehicle search on their website, but I believe that I have these below. You could call to confirm that you are ordering the right ones, too.

https://onlywheels.com/wheels/steel-wheel-14

Recently discovered this company, & they have a good selection of 14" rims (steel & alloy).

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/

Finding a used one would be cheaper. Buying a new one may be faster!

I have not seen 14" x 4.5" rims offered by anyone. 14" X 5.5" are available, however.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-09-2020)

Here
    Attachment 17040
    Car-part.com use 2014-2020 for model year non-interchange search. You’ll have to weed through them to find who’s closest and has steel ones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-09-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Gentlemen, as always, you kick ass. It's either that or take the upsale the tire guy suggested. Which was new alloys at $66 each. I did get a free tire rotation and tire check out of it and for now, considering I was told the tire on the bent wheel is perfectly secured, I'll wait to make a purchase for a few months.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I bought a pair of steel rims from onlywheels.com two years ago. They carry a number of 14" rim sizes. Different hole patterns, offset, & hub bore. Thus, you want to get the right one. I paid $50/pair with free shipping at the time. They are 14" X 5.5" rims, which will still work perfectly for 165/65r14 or 175/64r14 size tires.

I am having a bit of difficulty doing a vehicle search on their website, but I believe that I have these below. You could call to confirm that you are ordering the right ones, too.

https://onlywheels.com/wheels/steel-wheel-14

Recently discovered this company, & they have a good selection of 14" rims (steel & alloy).

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/

Finding a used one would be cheaper. Buying a new one may be faster!

I have not seen 14" x 4.5" rims offered by anyone. 14" X 5.5" are available, however.
    What comes standard on the Mirage though? 14" x 4.5" or 14" x 5.5"? That's what I was confused about when he said I had a weird wheel size?