Reading about the incident with the Mirage G4 in Florida I wanted to share thoughts. I noticed our auto insurance increasing every 6 months with Dott and Dolores we have above mandatory coverage's and every driver has clean records. Speaking with someone in the auto salvage industry the reason insurance is higher in most cases for the mirage it’s totaled almost automatically with airbag deployment.

Growing up I was around garages and tow trucks you would be surprised how some people in tin can Ford Fiesta’s would walk away and people in luxury cars with little damage would be severely hurt. I remember a relative had a long commute and owned a base 1996 Hyundai Accent it only had 2 airbags and no other safety devices he was in the middle of a huge accident the Accent was hit on all 4 sides if you saw the car you wonder how anyone survived the only injury was one finger that was overextended during airbag deployment and a few bruises. Recently other relatives were riding in a 5 star safety rated SUV with all of today’s modern safety features when they were hit by a driver that ran a stop sign although they survived the SUV was totaled they have permanent life injuries.

Granted the Mirage are small and light weight but compared to cars 10 to 20 years ago they are much safer. Certainly size is a factor in safety but it's not the end all.