Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Security Alarm

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudelsose View Post
    Are you have an LHD or RHD car? The pin must be in the connector under the hood opener. Every Mirage should have connectors there.
    Mine is RHD, the joint connector placed in the left side under dash. What i mean is no wire attached to the back side of joint connector, so even i pin in wire from etacs it won't do the trick.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Mine is RHD, the joint connector placed in the left side under dash. What i mean is no wire attached to the back side of joint connector, so even i pin in wire from etacs it won't do the trick.
    Are you have the right connector? What Version is your Mirage? Maybe cheaper Versions does not have many cables. Your is here in Germany the highest Version what is to get here.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudelsose View Post
    Are you have the right connector? What Version is your Mirage? Maybe cheaper Versions does not have many cables. Your is here in Germany the highest Version what is to get here.
    Hi, I tried to activate the security alarm, connected the wire from etacs to juction.
    The lights are flashing but not the horn. Am I missing something here?

Country
    Vietnam
    Thanks
    You try
    Horn deactivation/reactivation
    The answerback function can be set in the following three ways.
    Each time the answerback function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the condition of the answerback function.

One chime: The horn will not sound.
    Two chimes: The horn will sound.
    Four chimes: The horn will sound if the LOCK button is pressed twice within 1 second.

Remove the key from the ignition switch.
    Open the driver’s door and turn the combination headlights and dimmer switch to the “OFF” position.
    Press the LOCK button (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK button (2) during this time.
    Release in sequence the UNLOCK and LOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the UNLOCK button in step 3.

Country
    Indonesia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jacking View Post
    You try
    Horn deactivation/reactivation
    The answerback function can be set in the following three ways.
    Each time the answerback function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the condition of the answerback function.

One chime: The horn will not sound.
    Two chimes: The horn will sound.
    Four chimes: The horn will sound if the LOCK button is pressed twice within 1 second.

Remove the key from the ignition switch.
    Open the driver’s door and turn the combination headlights and dimmer switch to the “OFF” position.
    Press the LOCK button (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK button (2) during this time.
    Release in sequence the UNLOCK and LOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the UNLOCK button in step 3.
    it's working with mirage 2013 ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    In the U.S., the Mirage (with a 5-speed) comes with 2 natural built in anti-theft features. 1. It is a Mirage (no thieves interested). 2. If #1 isn't enough, then they see the manual shift lever and a feeling of kryptonite comes over them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-02-2022),inuvik (06-01-2022),mohammad (06-03-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    In the U.S., the Mirage (with a 5-speed) comes with 2 natural built in anti-theft features. 1. It is a Mirage (no thieves interested). 2. If #1 isn't enough, then they see the manual shift lever and a feeling of kryptonite comes over them.
    and i with all that anti-theft features i heard that it also doesn't have a steering lock.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    and i with all that anti-theft features i heard that it also doesn't have a steering lock.
    We don't have steering wheel locks on our Mirages in the States. Do you have it there?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    We don't have steering wheel locks on our Mirages in the States. Do you have it there?
    We have steering lock i think all cars here have steering lock, its a common security features here.

Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    We have steering lock i think all cars here have steering lock, its a common security features here.
    I'm pretty sure this was brought up before. I believe Foama(in Germany) has a steering wheel lock because they are less barbaric over there or however he worded it lol.

The Mirage is the first vehicle I've seen without a steering wheel lock newer than 1979, other than big trucks that still have the ignition in the dash.
    Do you have a transponder key(chipped) as well or just a plain key with a steering wheel lock?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)