Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ABS/Traction Control lights

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been meaning to get on here and make some Corrections about my assumptions.

Couple of days after I made this post I did some further looking into it.
    There was some miscommunication errors over the phone and initially.
    The part that they were replacing was not a PCV, but if they were adding a PVC cover to attempt to prevent corrosion.

Not to say that everything clear and good but to their credit business has tried to call and email me on several occasions to see if I had any questions or concerns. Lacking an interest in talking with them I've just ignored it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Avgjohndoe For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-30-2021)

Avgjohndoe - I see you're active on the forum. Did you ever get this issue sorted out? What was the solution?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not 100% sure what ended up fixing the issue. I know that while doing some brake work I used a voltmeter on the wheel speed sensors and turned my wheel.

My front passenger sensor read an incremental bit of variance from the other. I felt my spinning the tire by hand and potential poor connections could have been the cause of the difference so I just gave everything a good cleaning while I was down there. Completely pulled it the sensors scrubbed and cleaned, insured good contacts and cleaned the ports where the sensors mount into. ( Toothbrush, q-tips, brake clean, air compressor ). Changed all my brakes and went ahead and replaced my brake fluid.

Lights did go away after that.
    But like I said I never actually figured out what the issue was with certainty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avgjohndoe For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-30-2021),MetroMPG (12-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Currently looking at purchasing a scan tool with bi-directional control and manufacture pid access. So that I can see what the car is actually trying to tell me next time and better diagnose issues.