Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Owner of 2015 Mirage DE (project car - collision damage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New Owner of 2015 Mirage DE (project car - collision damage)

Hi all,

I purchased this 2015 mirage off of carport USA for my wife. She loves the color, size, and potential. Its a work in progress.

** The previous owners are probably the most disgusting human beings on the planet. How do you get food spoiled milk syrup cigarettes, etc under the spare tire?????? ROFL******** This is not a result of the accident this is a lifestyle. A disturbing lifestyle!

I live in NC I work from home doing computer stuff lol. I am by no means a mechanic or auto body person. I have some help with that. Some of my likes include: Flying my Phantom 3, Building Robotics, playing guitar, dumpster diving, and melting metal.

My plans for this car are to get it in working condition for my wife. I plan to swap out the seats for leather, and the radio for a GPS navigation and backup cameras setup. I might also swap out the rims. However I do like chrome caps, which i might just do that, as they look slick.

Current Issues:

1.) Vehicle cranks but wont start. Immobilizer is not displayed in the dash.
    2.) Vehicle has the following codes: P0315, P0301, P1701, P1315, B1001
    3.) I have replaced all the spark plugs. Have not replaced the coil in cylinder 1 yet. I have checked it for spark and it sparks. All three show spark.
    4.) Vehicle has fuel. Fuel pump works great.
    5.) Vehicle seems to have compression. Will verify the level soon

Look forward to chatting with you all soon. Thanks for allowing me to be in the forum.

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by 2015Mirage; 04-23-2018 at 05:36 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2015Mirage For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (04-25-2018),MetroMPG (04-25-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015Mirage View Post
    I live in NC I work from home doing computer stuff lol. I am by no means a mechanic or auto body person. I have some help with that. Some of my likes include: Flying my Phantom 3, Building Robotics, playing guitar, dumpster diving, and melting metal.

My plans for this car are to get it in working condition for my wife. I plan to swap out the seats for leather, and the radio for a GPS navigation and backup cameras setup. I might also swap out the rims. However I do like chrome caps, which i might just do that, as they look slick.
    Hello 2015Mirage and welcome to the forum.

It looks like you have your work cut out for you especially if you aren't either a mechanic or an auto body person.

We tend to hold the Mirage in high regard for what it was designed for - that is, cost-effective, efficient transportation. A Mirage is economical to purchase & economical to operate. The problem is, they aren't selling in high numbers. Because there aren't many of them sold (here in North America) repair parts support has been thin and expensive. Judging by the pictures I'm guessing that Mirage hit a deer and was deemed a total loss. Interestingly, according to your pictures it looks like none of the airbags deployed - hm.

The Mirage drivetrain is proving to be pretty reliable and durable. Hopefully you are able to get it running without too much hassle. A few forum members have swapped out their radio for touchscreen units, so that has already been done. I don't know of any leather seat swaps - the factory seats have airbags, so keep that in mind.

I think it's pretty cool that you want to rescue one of our favorite little cars and get it back on the road. I wish you success.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site! Looks like you got a project on your hands haha. Good luck with it and we would love to see the progress.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Yup, subscribed! Looking forward to updates. Any word on what happened to it?

Please share costs if you're willing.

And welcome to the forum!

PS: hope you don't mind I added a bit of info to the thread title.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Welcome aboard! Good luck bringing that one 'back to the land of the living'. Please keep us posted. And give the car a name!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thats perfectly fine. Cost so far is

3 sparkplugs = $14.97

Mind saying what the car cost?

FYI, another Mirage repair project here:

Thread: Bought a "cheap used Mirage" -- fixing up a damaged 2014 ES

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quick update:

Still will not start lol...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The car cost me 1,650.00.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2015Mirage For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-03-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Sounds like you need the factory service manual

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmM-AiVvMaF5wh5BdMwtWXdVuL4T

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-03-2018)