Hatches always have better seating position, leg room, and head room

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Hatches always have better seating position, leg room, and head room
    Not with the Mirage G4. G4 is physically longer than the hatch, giving a lot more leg room to the rear seated passengers. My wife and i just did a Yellowstone vacation where my brother and his wife met us there. I was thankful for the extra room with two adults in the rear, driving all over the park. I originally wanted the hatch because i do think it is better looking (although the G4 has grown on me). But I got such a great deal on my used G4 ($7500 out the door) that I couldn't pass it up.

As for gas mileage, see my Yellowstone MPG report here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...rip-MPG-report
    I do believe the above statements about the hatch getting better MPG in the city, but possibly the G4 better on the highway. When my wife drives around town, she does good to get 38 MPG where I get 44 or so, because she "romps" the little engine up to speed, and I build. I also do minor hypermiling by watching lights and traffic far ahead of me, trying not to have to brake.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azdonw For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-05-2018),MetroMPG (09-05-2018)

azdonw , you're right - the amount of legroom in the back of the G4 is simply amazing. More usable legroom than my Dad's 2005 Camry.

Don't get me wrong - the hatch also has an above average amount of room for its size. But anyone who hasn't tried sitting in the back of a G4 should do it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)