Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver gas prices...highest ever in North America?!?

The only other kick in the balls is natural gas prices are going up too and I have 2 house furnaces and 1 in the garage that I need so I can hide from the wife and drink beer.....I mean work on stuff.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The only other kick in the balls is natural gas prices are going up too and I have 2 house furnaces and 1 in the garage that I need so I can hide from the wife and drink beer.....I mean work on stuff.
    Yea eh I was worried about natural gas prices myself. From what I understand Europe is gonna get hit harder and supply is better in Canada/USA.

However I bought my new furnace less than 1 year ago. So hopefully that saves me from feeling the pinch no matter what happens. I know I would be paying more for gas with my old furnace, no matter the cost of gas

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Gas is around 1.36-1.39/Liter here now. It cost $45 to fill up last weekend.

Lumber is back to retard level prices. $8.58 for an 8' 2x4. But they're "only" $4.28 at the two store's in BC that I checked. (all home depot prices). Who'd a thunk it.

I haven't seen the gas/power bill yet. That'll be a gooder too!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Holy fak, our gas and power bill is over $700 ffs! I'll have to start a lubetube channel too I guess.
    Ouch! That's painful

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Ouch! That's painful
    Yeah. It’s usually between $3-4. I’m Gonna have to change beer brands again

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    You are lucky, because it is so cheap!

A full tank costs me €66.5 being US $75 and prices are rising quickly.

Btw, one kWh of electricity costs around 35 Euro cents, or 40 cents in US $

Furnace oil is currently around the equivalent of $5 per gallon.
    Last edited by foama; 02-01-2022 at 07:28 AM.

Country
    Macedonia
    Thanks
    Time to start importing LPG systems into the US Unfortunately this is starting to feel like 2008 again. Inflation's gone up, fuel prices are going up - it'll be a matter of time before there is an influx of cheap chinese 50cc scooters here. Back around the economic crisis of 2008 there were ads = buy 1 get 1 for free types of deal, where you could get 2 scooters for around $1200.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    Time to start importing LPG systems into the US Unfortunately this is starting to feel like 2008 again. Inflation's gone up, fuel prices are going up - it'll be a matter of time before there is an influx of cheap chinese 50cc scooters here. Back around the economic crisis of 2008 there were ads = buy 1 get 1 for free types of deal, where you could get 2 scooters for around $1200.
    Maybe, right now gas is $1.37/L propane is $0.89. But propane is a little less efficient. By how much I don't recall. I'd be interested in converting mine. They burn cleaner and the oil never seems to get dirty. How about an natural gas conversion, just fill up at home with a garden hose.

Country
    Macedonia
    Thanks
    10-20% more. If you had an 7-9l/100km car, you'd get a 8-12l/100km car if you run it using LPG, but seeing that it's twice the cheaper (atleast here), it really saves some money. I talked to my dealer and there is one car here that's converted to LPG but they do not recommend it due to the engine being made from aluminium and what not, saying that it could drastically lower the engine lifespan.

On the other hand, it's really funny when you see american cars, or some sporty BMWs here converted to LPG. I've spent 50000 euros on a car, but I can't afford the milage always cracks me up. One negative is that you have 2 systems to worry about, i.e. the fuel pump may go bad if you only drive on LPG and you need some additional service for it. It's really good for cars like the Lada Niva (1.7) which is a gas-guzzler, especially in 4x4/ off-terain, and especially the older - carburated engines. Methane is another option here, a lot cheaper than LPG (atleast it was, before the pandemic happened).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to george For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-02-2022)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    You need about 25-30% more propane (LPG) literwise, and since LPG burning temperature is higher, the valve seats must be of the sort that can withstand it. Generally speaking, on Japanese cars and Fords the valve seats are likely to burn out with propane as a fuel, with Fiat, French and Korean cars they will last.
    LPG (propane) can be transported as a liquid with relatively low pressure. Natural gas (methane) will not liquify, and needs very heavy cylindrical tanks for extreme high pressure. A normal size tank of natural gas gets about two hours driving and weighs a quarter of the cars weight, but a normal size tank of LPG gets you maybe five times as far and weighs much like a regular gasoline tank.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

craigq (02-06-2022)