Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver gas prices...highest ever in North America?!?

Just to put salt on the wound.....Gas in Venezuela is $0.084/Gallon US$$. (8.4 cents/us gallon.) https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/V...soline_prices/
    The budget will balance itself?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thank you for your restraint.

Save the sh%tposting for facecrack!

---

The blinky fuel gauge is doing its thing in my Mirage.... so I'm looking at about a $70 fill! Might wait a few days after the weekend to see if prices drop a bit.
    This place is one of the few sites I visit where we stay on point, there are a couple of other places where I really need their info but they allow the trash to pile up.

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I paid $2.06/L yesterday in the town of Petrolia. Town's named after oil, they still pump oil out of the ground there, and the town stinksut the.

Shouldn't we locals get a discount then lol?
    You're right about the smell. Some days you notice it 10kms out.

I noticed my driving is way down. There aren't that many places that interest me anymore. Of the top of my head I've maybe driven 500kms this month. I really need to update all my fuel logs.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    gas @ $2.09 to 2.13 in Sarnia today, costing me around $54 to fill up from empty.

Getting quite expensive commuting 50 kms round trip every day. I hate spending money on gas so that is why I bought my 2014 Mirage in the first place.

I'm now the fastest car on the 402 lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm now the fastest car on the 402 lol
    Really? Can you see people changing their driving habits?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Really? Can you see people changing their driving habits?
    Yes I see more people slowing down lately for sure. I like to think my Mirage is a walking advertisement for common sense. The worst is the 1 occupant V8 SUVs. I think to myself, they still make those things?

True millionaires aren't buying them if they want to continue being a millionaire People's priorities eh. I could care less what image I present, as long as it's cheap and cheerful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm ~ 30 seconds from the Trans Canada Highway ( # 17) & the traffic is as it was when fuel was cheep. I have to wait for several Trucks pulling RV's before I can even make a right turn onto the highway,,, then they will pass me in any place they can...I guess driving 15 over the speed limit is too slow, so it's really my fault ... Oh & they are waiting in line to pay $2.12 per Liter for fuel @ our local station... People Don't Care...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-13-2022),mohammad (06-13-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Oh & they are waiting in line to pay $2.12 per Liter for fuel @ our local station... People Don't Care...
    Kind of the same feeling I get down here in Thunderdome. Mainly down here, people just like to b1tch and moan about high gas prices, then get out on the road and do NOTHING to conserve. I was filling my Scamp last night and the next guy over was in a Land Rover or similar turd and was at $115 filling it up.

Buddy of mine just bought a brand new, Chevy Silverado 4X4 Redline edition I think it's called. But actually aside from a few red accents, it is nothing special. But $65,000 plus yada yada yada. He could afford it if it weren't in horrible positions in every other financial aspect of his life. He told me at his first fillup his truck dash told him he was getting 11 mpg with his 5.3L.

I told him, "hey buddy, my 23 year old Dodge wants to tell you something." Then I took a video starting right at my truck's exhaust pipe with it idling (it is friggin loud), then walked my phone up into the cab and pointed the phone camera at my overhead display that was reading (as I recall) 21.3 mpg average. And that 21.3 mpg average has about 100 miles on that tank, with a 5.9L (diesel)! If I knew how to attach it, I would attach it on this thread, just for giggles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-13-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Kind of the same feeling I get down here in Thunderdome. Mainly down here, people just like to b1tch and moan about high gas prices, then get out on the road and do NOTHING to conserve. I was filling my Scamp last night and the next guy over was in a Land Rover or similar turd and was at $115 filling it up.

Buddy of mine just bought a brand new, Chevy Silverado 4X4 Redline edition I think it's called. But actually aside from a few red accents, it is nothing special. But $65,000 plus yada yada yada. He could afford it if it weren't in horrible positions in every other financial aspect of his life. He told me at his first fillup his truck dash told him he was getting 11 mpg with his 5.3L.

I told him, "hey buddy, my 23 year old Dodge wants to tell you something." Then I took a video starting right at my truck's exhaust pipe with it idling (it is friggin loud), then walked my phone up into the cab and pointed the phone camera at my overhead display that was reading (as I recall) 21.3 mpg average. And that 21.3 mpg average has about 100 miles on that tank, with a 5.9L (diesel)! If I knew how to attach it, I would attach it on this thread, just for giggles.

That's interesting. Years ago I had a 2001 Silverado (5.1L) that regularly got 18 to 22 MPG; I replaced it with a 2004 Ford F150 that only got 12 MPG or less.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    That's interesting. Years ago I had a 2001 Silverado (5.1L) that regularly got 18 to 22 MPG; I replaced it with a 2004 Ford F150 that only got 12 MPG or less.
    You must have only piddled down the interstate with your Silverado. I also have a 2003 GMC Sierra 2WD SCSB 4.8L V8. It's as small a (full size) truck and as small a V8 as GM made in 2003. And it averages about 16.3 mpg. All my vehicles are continuously logged on fuelly. That's mostly just around town mpg, and I drive like grandpa everywhere in order to use as little as is possible. It is professional grade, professional at guzzling. Don't get me wrong, it is very useful. But it is very thirsty too.

P.S. - I don't believe GM made a 5.1L. At least not in 2001, but I may be wrong.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

For some dumb reason I too thought people were slowing down when gas prices started going up a while back. Nope nothing has really changed.

If someone wants to spend their money on gas good for them, it's not my money. I don't cry about people that smoke their money away....

Not everyone want's to make a poverty wage and be forced to drive a welfare-mobile around so that they can retire before 80.

I think it's great that mfg's are coming out with larger less fuel efficient options lol.
    Attachment 23479

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-13-2022)