This appears to be the only readily available header for this car. Being just 3 pipes and a pretty straight run, I've considered building my own. I have metal-cutting and fitting skills, and a friend who welds a lot better than I do. But, the price on this thing really isn't bad! Hard to justify the time and effort involved for the minimal savings and a passable, but probably not-quite-as-good result.

Anyway, they said they can ship this thing to me for a reasonable price. I've inquired about a quantity discount. Maybe they'll bend a little? Maybe shipping 3-4 will be a lot cheaper than shipping one? I'll find out.

So, I'm exploring the possibility of buying more than one. The price would have to be enough less to cover secondary shipping from my house to elsewhere, which might negate most of the savings. But, if anyone is near the Tampa area and wants to come pick one up? Let me know if you're interested. If the quantity discount is enough to make it worth my time dealing with it, I may buy some of them.

Once I get my hands on it, I'll do some baseline acceleration testing (0-60... 20-50 in 3rd, that kind of thing) and then retest after installing it to get an idea of what the actual performance gains are. No, I'm not going to spend money putting it on a dyno. I'm too cheap for that. But, we can look at percent improvement in acceleration and extrapolate approximate increase in power.

What brought this idea to center stage was that a friend posted something on Facebook yesterday about adding an intake and deleting a cat on his Mustang GT, and then with dyno tuning, they got the power up to 435. They were quite proud of themselves... 435 hp... from 417. That's 4.3%! If people are getting excited about 4.3%... even though it only equates to 3 hp on the Mirage, it's probably worth pursuing!