Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HotPipes Exhaust Header from Speedlab

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    See these two photos. See how the gasket stamped is pushed in to allow some exhaust gasses to go in the EGR port. Also the manifold gasket on the engine have some carbon residue where the egr metal stamped is. It appears that exhaust fumes is geting sucked in that little hole. I may be mistaken and its my general assumption and do not have other references to this.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Alemon; 07-24-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alemon View Post
    See these two photos. See how the gasket stamped is pushed in to allow some exhaust gasses to go in the EGR port. Also the manifold gasket on the engine have some carbon residue where the egr metal stamped is. It appears that exhaust fumes is geting sucked in that little hole. I may be mistaken and its my general assumption and do not have other references to this.
    I agree with this assessment after looking at my '17. I think the exhaust gasses go in the little hole to a chamber where the fumes are cooled by the water jacket in the head. The fumes then pass through an electronically controlled EGR valve bolted to that end of the cylinder head and then through a hose down to the intake manifold via a connection on the throttle body. I may also be mistaken but that's how it looks on my engine.

I did a quick Google images search of the 3A92 and found these examples.

With the metal exhaust gasket:

Without the metal exhaust gasket:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $350 gone but if anyone would want to buy this for their custom exhaust setup, or for 2013-2016 mirages, I am willing to sell. It has been ported and smootened the inside welds for smooth exhaust flow.
    Are you still selling it? I have a 2014, so the older design is exactly what I need.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    SuperCircuit got back to me with GREAT communication. Price is about the same, actually with shipping is $4 less. I like the flex pipe, and it looks like a great product. Knowing that others have had good luck with it is inspiring, as well. Solid communication is what made the sale, though.

They even have a dyno chart that is believable on their FB page. Looks like I need to delete the second cat. I'm not going to do that... but, I could fit a larger cat to get rid of the restriction. Planning a 2" cat-back, anyway.

9 hp from exhaust? Heck, even if it's just 6 or 7, it's worth doing!
    Does SuperCircuit have an email address? I deleted my Facebook accounts over a year ago.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes, I still have it. Please check your inbox.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alemon View Post
    Well that's weird. I didn't have an egr hole on the 2017(2017-2019 are supposed to be the same) engine that I installed in my 2014. I don't remember which exhaust gasket I used but it wouldn't have made a difference to me iirc.

Maybe they put an "egr" hole in the head for 2018? Regardless, for you to make that header work on a 2017 and newer(north american mirage")you'd need a longer(or shorter I forget now) rear cat/tailpipe section of exhaust or modify your existing one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)