Thread: Possibly another cvt on the way out? Update: replaced under warranty

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Got the car back finally. They did put a new cvt in it after dicking around for a while.

They don't care about customer service at this dealership. We only use them cause they're close by. There are 2 other Mitsu dealers in town that are probably better to deal with. They can't be any worse.

You're correct. It looks like they just called the tech line did a few test's, sent in some pics of the oil pan then eventually decided they'll replace it under warranty. I need a job like that, very little thinking involved for those dealership mechanics, just follow a flow chart and call a help line.
    I work at Mitsubishi dealer. Fleet vehicles are not supposed to have a warranty. You do have a maintenance schedule trans service is part of it. Fleet is under severe service schedule. Most dealerships have no issue doing warranty jobs. Dealerships dont pay for the warranty work they get paid by Mitsubishi. The service department doesn't make the money for the dealership, selling cars does. The mechanics probably arent making $30-40 an hour probably more like $20 depending on location. When a warranty job over $1000 gets submitted we MUST get approval from tech-line and our district rep before repair, even if its a rod sticking out of the block and you know it needs an engine. This can take days and its a headache for the techs too. I personally have no issue doing any warranty job as long as the owner has done their maintenance, sometimes even if they haven't Mitsubishi will still cover it. They're fairly lenient.
    Please keep calm and appreciate your service department, they're not trying to take advantage of you. they're most likely the ones being taken advantage of.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilbur For This Useful Post:

daleWV (07-11-2018),Eggman (07-11-2018),Loren (07-11-2018)