Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3315512
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    243,063 miles El cheapo ebay driver side headlight went out today. I replaced it with a genuine Sylvania Standard 9003/HB2 H4 bulb, ordered from eBay.
    If you replaced one headlamp and not both, does one burn brighter than the other?

Manual transmission/clutch is still going strong.
    That's good news.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since I am currently running two different brands,one probably does burn brighter than the other. At this point, I’ve changed so many bulbs I don’t care if I have flashlights duct taped to the car. It just matters to me that it’s legal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    244,179 miles

El cheapo ebay passenger side headlight went out today. I replaced it with a genuine Sylvania Standard 9003/HB2 H4 bulb, ordered from eBay.

I now have genuine Sylvania bulbs on both sides. I do not have any spares in the car.

Manual transmission/clutch is still going strong.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Posted 03-29-2019, 09:14 PM
    244,179 miles

El cheapo ebay passenger side headlight went out today.
    That didn't take long.

Posted 02-13-2019, 11:55 AM
    236,938 miles

Replaced passenger side headlight with another el cheap bulb from eBay. I have one eBay bulb left in my inventory. When I get home this evening I will order a pair of Sylvania bulbs to keep as spares.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I gave up on Walmart-sourced Sylvanias a long time ago. I only get about 3-4 months out of them, but I mostly drive at night so they are on often. Switched to Philips bulbs from Amazon and they have been a lot better.

The Philips bulbs are cheaper, too. I don't know about where you live, but here Walmart locks the headlight bulbs in a glass case. So I have to go find somebody to unlock the case and have them look at me like I am a foiled criminal when they hand me the bulbs. No thanks!
    The standard Sylvania 9003 headlights @ Walmart are priced exactly the same as Amazon. They were $8.75 @ both sites tonight. My nearby Walmart hangs them on hooks that are no different than buying wiper blades. Not sure why your store would be so different?

The exact same bulb is $12.99 @ AutoZone. I don't think there is any advantage to using Amazon when it comes to buying standard Sylvania 9003 headlights.

Walmart & Amazon are pretty competitively priced. I seldom see much of a difference in price. It's good to hear the Philips headlights are cheaper & better. I was wondering about that myself, and I missed your post earlier. You can usually buy the Philips on line through Walmart for the same price as Amazon.

I prefer Walmart sometimes, because in many cases a faulty product can be returned to my local store. I find that more convenient. Philips 9003 Vision headlights are $14.71 for a twin pack @ both Walmart & Amazon.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-V...of-2/667294431

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-9003-...s%2C696&sr=8-4

Not sure these are the ones you are talking about, but they are cheaper than the standard Sylvania headlights.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-30-2019 at 02:26 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My nearby Walmart hangs them on hooks that are no different than buying wiper blades. Not sure why your store would be so different?
    It all depends on the area and how bad shoplifting is. I once visited a Walgreens that kept deodorant behind locked glass. I asked why, and the clerk told me the local druggies would steal anything to sell for a quick fix, hence keeping deodorant locked up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    It all depends on the area and how bad shoplifting is. I once visited a Walgreens that kept deodorant behind locked glass. I asked why, and the clerk told me the local druggies would steal anything to sell for a quick fix, hence keeping deodorant locked up.
    I didn't realize there was a "black market" for deodorant & headlights? I must hang with a different crowd or live in a different neighborhood?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I didn't realize there was a "black market" for deodorant & headlights? I must hang with a different crowd or live in a different neighborhood?
    Yesterday I went shopping at Dollar Tree; a place the sells everything for a dollar.

While standing in line, I noticed they had a transvestite doing security. Two things didn't make sense. A transvestite doing security? Security at a $1 store?

I tried not to stare at the strange site. Moments later, the tranny ran outside and went postal on some kids that had just stolen a few items. He made the kids go back inside and pay for the stuff they had stolen. It took everything in me not to laugh while the whole situation was going on.

What I saw seemed like a comedy sketch but I promise, I am not making this stuff up. This really happened yesterday.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-31-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    245,578 miles

Getting another free oil change.

Incidentally, I’m totally digging the mobile version of this site. Unfortunately the mobile version won’t let me make my mileage a bold font.
    Last edited by inuvik; 04-11-2019 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Bolded Mileage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Fixed it for ya!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)