Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3315277
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    252,849 miles

Getting the tires rotated and about to do another Techron treatment.

My Falken Sincera SN250 tires currently have 74,530 miles on them and visually the tread looks fine. I'll ask President Lincoln what he thinks next time I have a penny in my pocket.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    253,003 miles

Apparently President Lincoln has better eyes than me. I do have tread left but it is getting close. President Lincoln says it is now time to order a new set of tires.

Unfortunately Walmart does not have my beloved SN250 tires available for order. Looks like I might be changing brands.

Name:  983E1D73-03EB-4EC3-B56A-8B686431A0B0.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  76.8 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    253,003 miles

Apparently President Lincoln has better eyes than me. I do have tread left but it is getting close. President Lincoln says it is now time to order a new set of tires.

Unfortunately Walmart does not have my beloved SN250 tires available for order. Looks like I might be changing brands.
    Walmart may be out-of-stock temporarily, but they will reappear. If you really like these tires, Walmart gives you 7 other sellers that have them. Just not quite as cheap.

I would never assume Walmart has the cheapest price on tires either. Last time I bought tires, Walmart lost out to other vendors like simpletire.com or tires-easy.com. These things vary, however. If you rely on Walmart mounting your tires, that's another factor. I have a local mechanic that will mount and balance tires for $10 each. It's less if I buy the tires through him. If you have one of those guys in your area, it may be a good place to start. The local shops out do the big chains in my area. Farm & Fleet for example have good deal on tires, but you can't buy their tires without their service. A set of four are cheaper elsewhere. It's a hidden ripoff.

Seven vendors of your tires offered by Walmart -

https://www.walmart.com/product/51494282/sellers

simpletire.com & tires-easy.com may be better than those prices. Tire prices have been going up and down lately. Getting them for $50 is much better, but $65 for a good tire isn't bad either.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what you'll think of these, but I have them on one of my cars and they've been pretty good to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Hankook-Optim.../dp/B004QL6AT4

70,000 mile warranty. $44.07 each as of today.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tytotheler92 View Post
    I'm not sure what you'll think of these, but I have them on one of my cars and they've been pretty good to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Hankook-Optim.../dp/B004QL6AT4

70,000 mile warranty. $44.07 each as of today.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I almost ordered a set of those tires yesterday. Walmart had them on their website yesterday for about $30 a tire. Unfortunately, when I tried to order a set of four, the website told me they only had two in stock.

I checked again this morning and the price of my beloved SN250 tires has dropped to $50 a tire, although they aren't in stock. Go figure. I set an alert to notify me when the tires are in stock so I guess I'll just hold out.

I prefer getting my tires from Walmart because of how cheap installation is when you buy their tires. I think I pay something like $12 a tire for installation and that includes lifetime balance and rotation nationwide. I never get road hazard. I have a good unmounted tire I keep stored at home. That is my tire insurance policy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Incidentally, I am planning to replace my TPMS sensors this go around and get the new codes programmed into my ECU at the dealership.

Now its time to search this forum for the sensors that are confirmed to work with this car. I've been driving around for over 150k miles without a functioning TPMS system.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion. I almost ordered a set of those tires yesterday. Walmart had them on their website yesterday for about $30 a tire. Unfortunately, when I tried to order a set of four, the website told me they only had two in stock.

I checked again this morning and the price of my beloved SN250 tires has dropped to $50 a tire, although they aren't in stock. Go figure. I set an alert to notify me when the tires are in stock so I guess I'll just hold out.

I prefer getting my tires from Walmart because of how cheap installation is when you buy their tires. I think I pay something like $12 a tire for installation and that includes lifetime balance and rotation nationwide. I never get road hazard. I have a good unmounted tire I keep stored at home. That is my tire insurance policy.
    The Falken tires have been good for you. I don't blame you for holding out for a bit. Some people like to rip on Walmart, but they are everywhere & things are affordable including service items.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Incidentally, I am planning to replace my TPMS sensors this go around and get the new codes programmed into my ECU at the dealership.

Now its time to search this forum for the sensors that are confirmed to work with this car. I've been driving around for over 150k miles without a functioning TPMS system.
    May be more than you want to read, but Top_Fuel shared some good points about cloning existing sensors.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...uick-Reference

You can clone all of your existing sensors, even the bad one (unless you tossed it). If you tossed it, it may include a trip to the dealership anyways. In that case, you may want to stick with your plan. Cloning is an option, however. I plan on cloning my snow tires to the other set some day. Next time I change tires maybe? Makes sense to do those things when changing tires like you are doing!
    Last edited by Mark; 06-13-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Hey Steve...check your PMs...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Hey Steve...check your PMs...
    Thanks for the great info. Unfortunately I don't have two of my original sensors so I can't get away with cloning as I am not able to obtain all of the original IDs.

It looks like I will be getting a set of un-cloned sensors and having the dealership program their IDs into the ECU.

I'll be ordering these sensors tonight unless someone has a better product to suggest.

https://www.amazon.com/Instruments-S...language=en_US