Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3318559
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Hi, do you use Techron fuel injector cleaner or Techron complete fuel system cleaner? I saw both at Walmart the other day....was not sure which to choose

Also I saw STP brand and then there is Walmrts house brand named Super Tech that was like 88 cents
    Name:  4CBED3F4-3A1D-43BD-9EC4-EDEBF7FD932B.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  67.6 KB

___

Next month I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.
    https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought the wrong one then. i got the Techron Fuel Injection cleaner. i over payed also I think it was like 8 bucks and now I see it on Amazon for 3.75

Ho-Hum

Time to go face palm myself...... Just kidding. I am not so hard on myself =)
    Last edited by fc321; 08-29-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As long as whatever you are using has PEA in it, it will clean you fuel system. I don't know about all the different brands and versions. I just know that what I use, works for me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I bought the wrong one then. i got the Techron Fuel Injection cleaner. i over payed also I think it was like 8 bucks and now I see it on Amazon for 3.75

Ho-Hum

Time to go face palm myself...... Just kidding. I am not so hard on myself =)
    If cleaning your fuel injectors is your goal, I wouldn't assume you bought the wrong Techron. Complete fuel system cleaner vs their fuel injector cleaner - Not sure how different they are?

Whatever one has more PEA would be the better choice for cleaning fuel injectors, but I don't know if the bottles indicate that? Both types of Techron are priced the same @ Walmart.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If cleaning your fuel injectors is your goal, I wouldn't assume you bought the wrong Techron. Complete fuel system cleaner vs their fuel injector cleaner - Not sure how different they are?

Whatever one has more PEA would be the better choice for cleaning fuel injectors, but I don't know if the bottles indicate that? Both types of Techron are priced the same @ Walmart.
    https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...58#Post2507970

Apparently the fuel injector cleaner is a milder version of Techron containing less PEA.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...58#Post2507970

Apparently the fuel injector cleaner is a milder version of Techron containing less PEA.
    Comparing Polyetheramine (PEA) levels in fuel additives is difficult. Trade secret is used as an excuse.

If you look at SDS (safety data sheets), one may assume Techron fuel injector cleaner has less PEA than Techron complete fuel system cleaner. The actual amount is of Polyetheramine in the product is listed as a trade secret, however. Thus, a range is given instead of an exact amount.

Comparing SDS sheets, Redline SI-1® COMPLETE FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER may be another quality product, and they are not afraid to list Polyetheramine. Once again the exact amount is still a mystery, however.

I have never felt the need to use a fuel additive cleaner. If I started to sense a fuel injector issue developing, I wouldn't hesitate to try a product like Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner or Redline SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner.
    Last edited by Mark; 08-30-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I have never felt the need to use a fuel additive cleaner. If I started to sense a fuel injector issue developing, I wouldn't hesitate to try a product like Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner or Redline SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner.
    I used to feel the exact same way. Not anymore.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    266,938 miles Getting another free oil change at the dealership.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love watching the miles rack up in this thread. Go CPC go!

P.S. I just made a donation to your MS ride. I have 3 dear friends with MS and I participate in their local walk every year. Thanks for doing it!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I love watching the miles rack up in this thread. Go CPC go!

P.S. I just made a donation to your MS ride. I have 3 dear friends with MS and I participate in their local walk every year. Thanks for doing it!
    Thank you so much for your support and for taking part in the walk. It breaks my heart seeing friends with MS and taking part in this event is very important to me. I appreciate the kind words.