Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3315447

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I've been replacing TPMS sensors in GM cars for years. But it wasn't until I had a Mirage that I actually to understand the concept of a sensor ID and a TPMS communication protocol. When a car can register new sensors using a $10 trigger tool (or sometimes no tool at all), you don't give a rat's azz about sensor IDs or what communication protocol a sensor is using.

The communication protocol was the last piece of the puzzle for really understanding the different types of replacement TPMS sensors out there. In the last week I re-wrote THIS section of the TPMS Quick Reference that goes into more detail about how TPMS sensors work and the different "re-learn" processes.

Only about 25% of vehicles require an OBDII tool to register TPMS sensor IDs. If you own a Mitsubishi (or most other Asian makes)...congratulations...you are part of that 25%!

I went to 2 different shops in the last week to have some new aftermarket TPMS sensors programmed to my Mirage (another thread on that coming soon). The first shop said "Yeah...we can do a Mitsubishi." Then I pulled out this photo...

Name:  mitsu-relearn.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  77.4 KB

...and I said "Look...if you have a tool that does NOT have a special OBDII adapter cable just for Mitsubishi models, then you probably can't do it." As soon as I said that, they were like "uhhh...well...we don't have any special cables...you'll probably have to go to the dealer for that."

I did the same thing at the second shop (Discount Tire). The guy behind the counter looked at me like I had 2 heads when I pulled the picture out. Fortunately there was a tire tech standing right there and he says "Oh yeah...we have that adapter for Mitsubishi cars. Pull it into the garage and we'll do it right now!" Success!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-12-2019)