Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3315273
    Time to call Mitsubishi tell them what you've managed to do and ask for a new car! Or hold off for another 100,000miles?

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Bravo Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Time to pull that clutch out now????
    Maybe in another 5,000 miles? After all it got him this far.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    301,130 miles Changed the oil with Supertech 5w30 Conventional and an AC Delco filter.

Dad passed away a few weeks ago so I've been a bit too busy to mess with the clutch. I'm still limping along on it as I've been doing.

The water pump went out on the Toyota Camry. The plan was to use it as a backup car if things end up taking longer than expected to change the clutch disc on the Mirage. Without a backup vehicle, I am putting the clutch job on hold.

Once I get a chance to replace the water pump on the Camry, I'll work the clutch job into my schedule.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-27-2020),Mirageman38 (06-17-2020),Top_Fuel (06-17-2020)

Condolences on your dad.

Coincidentally, just 20 minutes ago I got a call from an old friend who lost his dad on the weekend.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    301,130 miles Changed the oil with Supertech 5w30 Conventional and an AC Delco filter.

Dad passed away a few weeks ago so I've been a bit too busy to mess with the clutch. I'm still limping along on it as I've been doing.

The water pump went out on the Toyota Camry. The plan was to use it as a backup car if things end up taking longer than expected to change the clutch disc on the Mirage. Without a backup vehicle, I am putting the clutch job on hold.

Once I get a chance to replace the water pump on the Camry, I'll work the clutch job into my schedule.
    Sorry to hear about your Dad's passing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Condolences on your Dad's passing, Steve. May he rest in peace.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow...I can't believe I've read this whole thread in one sitting....and my condolences, I just lost my step dad last month.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry about the loss of your father.

Congrats on 300k.

Be safe, my friend.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I suppose its time for an update of some sort. I've been busy. Life gets in the way.

I finally got around to trying to remove the axles again, this time with some nice pry bars from Harbor Freight. I still couldn't get either side to budge.

That being said, I am going to give up and check with my mechanic next week. My brake pads are pretty thin, so I went ahead and ordered a new set along with brake rotors. I'll put things back together once the parts come in and see about driving it to his shop.

My trouble with the axles just doesn't make any sense. I removed and replaced the driver side one a couple of years ago without a lot of trouble. Maybe my arthritis is finally kicking in. Who knows.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I suppose its time for an update of some sort. I've been busy. Life gets in the way.

I finally got around to trying to remove the axles again, this time with some nice pry bars from Harbor Freight. I still couldn't get either side to budge.

That being said, I am going to give up and check with my mechanic next week. My brake pads are pretty thin, so I went ahead and ordered a new set along with brake rotors. I'll put things back together once the parts come in and see about driving it to his shop.

My trouble with the axles just doesn't make any sense. I removed and replaced the driver side one a couple of years ago without a lot of trouble. Maybe my arthritis is finally kicking in. Who knows.
    It's really nice to hear from you Steve!

I am interested to see/hear about a 300,000+ miles Mirage clutch some day!

Fummins has been gone on vacation this past week. Fummins or Loren may have some suggestions for you?

It would be nice to know what a local mechanic charges for clutch replacement, too. I look forward to your future posts on all this.