Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3315371
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I always suspected that at one point they would either cut you off from the free oil changes or that they would find a way to dissuade you by making you wait over 3-4 hours in the waiting room each time. I always assumed that was "the catch" with these Dealers that tell you free oil change, free tire rotations, free car wash FOR LIFE but then they make you wait over 3 hours to ensure that you will never want to come back.

For that reason I never took such offers seriously and as you guys know I am Ultra-Paranoid guy so always fear the Dealership will make a mistake on my car or sabotage it on purpose to try to bill me.

They have the 5 quarts of full Synthetic 0w-20 at Walmart now for like $15 everyday price so Im happy just to do it myself at home and i bought a bundle of filters that came out to like $2 each. So with that and the Fumoto valve I find the oil changes to be a fun project at home on a lazy Sunday.

EDit: On another forum I read a guy he SWEARS that the Dealership replaced his wipers with [old, cracked, worn-out wipers] and then tried to upsell him "time to change your wipers" and he got in a big screaming match with the Service manager about it but they denied it and he had to go home with worn-out wiper blades. heh-Heh

I wouldnt be surprised to see them do the old switcheroo with your cabin or engine air filter as well and pull the same shenanigans. Although they tend to pull these tricks on women and beta males for the most part.

Last edited by fc321; 10-15-2019 at 03:35 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    273,137 miles Getting a free oil change at the Buick dealership. They don’t have free snacks or hot chocolate. They do have a coffee pot and a vending machine.

That's the difference between Cadillac and Buick. That and a few lock washers. Glad it worked out, love the mileage! C'mon 300,000...!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks like I am going to be using synthetic from now on. The good news is I won’t have to go back as often for oil changes.

Name:  8FC2EC4E-5817-47CC-A25A-A3C40BA14E78.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  82.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    273,131 miles I dropped by the Cadillac dealership for another free oil change and was told NO. They said as of September 1, I have to go to the dealership I purchased the car from for free oil changes.

When I mentioned the Mitsubishi dealership had gone out of business they told me to check with their Chevrolet dealership. It’s goimg to be an interesting day.
    I hope you told them that you won't be buying a Cadillac from them now!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks like I am going to be using synthetic from now on. The good news is I won’t have to go back as often for oil changes.

Name:  8FC2EC4E-5817-47CC-A25A-A3C40BA14E78.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  82.4 KB
    7,000 mile oil changes with synthetic oil should be fine, especially how you rack up miles quickly. Hope they are giving you a quality oil filter to go with the slightly longer intervals.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    7,000 mile oil changes with synthetic oil should be fine, especially how you rack up miles quickly. Hope they are giving you a quality oil filter to go with the slightly longer intervals.
    Synthetic oil is is good for something like 10,000 miles so the oil change interval won't be an issue. They are also using the same high quality AC Delco filter as the Cadillac dealership.

My only concern is that 0w20 is thinner than 5w30. Thinner oil is more likely to leak. My engine has done pretty dang good on 5w30. I'm not excited about switching oil weight but free is free.

I'll check the oil level before I go in for the next oil change and will post the result.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Synthetic oil is is good for something like 10,000 miles so the oil change interval won't be an issue. They are also using the same high quality AC Delco filter as the Cadillac dealership.

My only concern is that 0w20 is thinner than 5w30. Thinner oil is more likely to leak. My engine has done pretty dang good on 5w30. I'm not excited about switching oil weight but free is free.

I'll check the oil level before I go in for the next oil change and will post the result.
    All sorts of claims are made with synthetic oil, but I would stay with the maintenance schedule even beyond the warranty period.

Your Mirage has had a good life on 5W-30 conventional. Hopefully, that won't change. I wouldn't drive 7,000 miles without checking things (oil level).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    280,087 miles Getting the tires rotated, another Techron treatment and a new set of Michelin windshield wipers.
    Last edited by stevedmc; 12-12-2019 at 02:27 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-12-2019)

"getting the tired rotated..."

For a minute I thought you were going to say, "getting tired of this car."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    "getting the tired rotated..."

For a minute I thought you were going to say, "getting tired of this car."
    Thanks for the heads up. I fixed it. Autocorrect sure does some weird stiff.