Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3315476

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cretbo View Post
    Hey Steve, I own a 2014 CVT Mirage with 83K on it ... going strong!

But I also own a 2000 VW Beetle with 266K miles on it. If I was to compare your maintenance with the 2000 beetle with comparable mileage, not even close.... Every thing that could be wrong with the beetle happened except Transmission is still strong.
    1. all wheel bearings multiple times
    2. Timing belt kit with water pump.
    3. Electrical dash fried and repaired.
    4. Cracked Head 198K
    5. Alternator
    6. Multiple front end stuff
    7. much much more lights(aweful to change) Electric door windows

Car was given too us with 168K on it back in 2013 as Dad bought it for mom in 1999 and passed from ALS in early 2014 so gave car to us so was easier to fix stuff. The Bug might be close to done now as small leak of Anti freeze behind the timing belt cover .... possible waterpump(ceramic seal) so might actually reseal ... we shall see or another cracked head .... if it continues to leak ... might do a last ditch hope... can of "JUSTICE BROTHERS" we shall see ... thanks for the thread

Bob
    Never ever buy a car that has a timing belt! That should always be the first criteria other than a manual transmission when shopping for a vehicle.

I chose the Mirage because of those reasons and the fact that it is the only car for sale in the USA with a three cylinder engine. I would have much rather owned a Ford but the three cylinder Fiesta is not available in the USA.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. Ford seems to have introduced the three cylinder car into the USA after I purchased my Mirage and then abruptly discontinued it.
    Last edited by stevedmc; 08-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.