Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3317967
    Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    I took the instrument cover off, lifted the bezel, and put some black plastic insulation tape over the annoying LED. Fixed!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Basic (08-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    It's really nice that Discount Tire did this for free, especially when you didn't buy your tires from them. That's great service!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    ...He tried starting the car with his programmer installed and the car would not start.
    The same thing happened to me! For whatever reason, the tech connected the Batec tool and then tried starting the car. I have no idea why because starting the car isn't part of the process. I'm guessing the instructions on the tool display incorrectly told them to do it and they were just following along.

I suggested that he try with the ignition in the ON position...which worked fine.

...hooked up his Bartec 400 programmer to my cable and put the car in learn mode with the key in the ON position without the engine running. Then Rob took a second Bartec 400 and walked around the car using the second Bartec 400 to trigger each sensor.
    That's what they did with me. Except in my case, the tech sat in the driver's seat with the Bartec hooked up while I walked around with my own TPMS tool triggering the sensors...lol.

...as long as you are using a newer Bartec tool and have two (one for relearn and one to trigger the sensors) then the adapter cable is not necessary.
    Good to know!

In my case, the tech started out by walking around the car with the Bartec tool and reading all 4 TPMS sensor IDs into the tool. Then he connected the tool and tried to write the 4 IDs into the Mirage's computer (using the blue cable). This method would *not* work. So he immediately went to Plan B...which was to put the Mirage computer into learn mode (still using the blue cable) and then walk around the car triggering each sensor. That was the method that worked.

Rob didn't charge me anything for the TPMS release. I thanked Rob for his assistance...and gave him a $20 tip.
    Yep...that's what I did. $20 is a small price to pay for avoiding the Mitsu dealer!

I feel like I am driving a new car now that I don't have that warning light on the console.
    If you bought Redi-Sensors, you are ready to roll with one of these. This thing helped me discover another screw in one of my tires! I need to stay away from Home Depot parking lots.

I just need to figure out how I want to prepare for the next time I need my sensors replaced.
    As long as you have a place that will register your TPMS sensors for free, you don't need to worry about it!
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 08-14-2019 at 07:47 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was telling myself today that I'm tempted to just start buying tires at Tire Kingdom, but after crunching the numbers, I think I am going to continue buying them from Walmart. I get the convenience of tire centers all over the country with Walmart plus they are cheaper.

Discount Tire - Falken Sincera SN250 $395 Out the door

Discount Tire - El Cheapo Barum Brillantis 2 $265 Out the door

Walmart Hankook Optimo H724 $194 Out the door (What I have now)

Walmart - Falken Sincera SN250 $311 Out the door
    Last edited by stevedmc; 08-15-2019 at 12:21 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was telling myself today that I'm tempted to just start buying tires at Tire Kingdom, but after crunching the numbers, I think I am going to continue buying them from Walmart. I get the convenience of tire centers all over the country with Walmart plus they are cheaper.

Tire Kingdom - Falken Sincera SN250 $395 Out the door

Tire Kingdom - El Cheapo Barum Brillantis 2 $265 Out the door

Walmart Hankook Optimo H724 $194 Out the door (What I have now)

Walmart - Falken Sincera SN250 $311 Out the door

Consider also the tires from this thread:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/newrep...wreply&p=92143

$29.39 x 4 = 117.56 + Walmart tire install $12 x 4 = $48 = $165.56 OTD

Tire Kingdom is a rip-off. The last time I sent my sister there she came back with a bill of over $500 for 4 tires. And they where some off-brand I never even heard of.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Consider also the tires from this thread:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/newrep...wreply&p=92143

$29.39 x 4 = 117.56 + Walmart tire install $12 x 4 = $48 = $165.56 OTD

Tire Kingdom is a rip-off. The last time I sent my sister there she came back with a bill of over $500 for 4 tires. And they where some off-brand I never even heard of.
    Stupid me. I meant discount tire, not tire kingdom.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Its that time of the year again! This post is somewhat Mitsubishi Mirage related. I plan to use my cheap plastic car to transport my bicycle to a charity event next month. Below are the details.

Thank you to everyone that donated last year!

I've signed up for Bike MS—a fundraising ride that is changing the lives of people affected by multiple sclerosis and helping fuel progress toward a world free of MS.

This is an event where several teams of people cycle across parts of Alabama to raise funds and awareness for those affected by MS.

Please consider making a donation to Bike MS to help fund amazing progress in MS research, as well as services that ensure people affected by MS can live their best lives. This cause is really important to me, so I hope you will help me end MS forever.

Every penny you give goes straight to the MS Society. I do not receive one cent. I am fully funding my own expenses for this fund raiser such as travel/bicycle/lodging/food etc… I am simply doing this because a friend of mine is affected by MS and I wish to do something to help raise awareness. I believe in this cause and I have made a donation as well.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Basic (08-22-2019),Fummins (08-22-2019),inuvik (08-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    youve kept amazing documentation about your cheap plastic car. excellent thread thats worth the entire read.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    265,097 miles Cheap plastic car is currently getting its tires rotated. I'm about to do another Techron treatment and install a new set of Michelin windshield wipers.

__________________________________________________ ____

Next month I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    265,097 miles Cheap plastic car is currently getting its tires rotated. I'm about to do another Techron treatment and install a new set of Michelin windshield wipers.
    Hi, do you use Techron fuel injector cleaner or Techron complete fuel system cleaner? I saw both at Walmart the other day....was not sure which to choose

Also I saw STP brand and then there is Walmrts house brand named Super Tech that was like 88 cents

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)