Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: Cheap Plastic Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Cheap Plastic Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual

Rostra Cruise Control Kit - Part # 250-9633

•  
    Details

175/65-14 82T Falken Sincera SN250 AS All-Season (80k mile warranty - Replaced at 78k miles)

175/65-14 Hankook Optimo H724 (70k mile warranty - Currently in use)

•  
    Comments: 534 / Views: 3315335
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Last entry

307,435 miles
    Got the windshield replaced a few days ago, changed the oil yesterday and sold the car today.

The new owner of Cheap Plastic Car just drove off in it. Seems like a great guy and I gave him a super deal. He basically got the car for what I paid to have the transmission, clutch, brakes and windshield done.

I could have gotten more in todays market, yes, but I opted for a quick sale instead and I can tell it went to the right buyer. Now hopefully Fider shows up on this forum to continue the records. I shared the link to this thread with him.
    I hope the thread continues with the new owner.

I want to also thank you for sharing your experience with the "cheap plastic car" over the last few years. I lost count (being too lazy to look back), but approximately 55+ free oil/filter changes saved you some money over the years, too!

Personally, I think your Mirage still looks quite good for its age/mileage. The dent just gives the car character (like a tattoo). It's nice to hear that you passed it on to someone who may really appreciate it. The car served you very well!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Elantra people are just as weird as Mirage people. I'm seeing the same comments amongst Elantra owners as I saw here. Pimping em out for handling, changing logos on the car, adding wings, wanting fancy air intakes, trying to make them more sporty, etc...

Meanwhile I'm happy just driving around in my car as is, getting 48 to 53 mpg on the highway. Life is good.

Just got my free oil change a couple of weeks back at 7,500 miles. I've got just a little over 10k miles on the car now and my second payment is due in a week or so.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-18-2022),inuvik (07-17-2022),Mark (07-17-2022),MetroMPG (07-17-2022),Top_Fuel (07-17-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Elantra people are just as weird as Mirage people. I'm seeing the same comments amongst Elantra owners as I saw here. Pimping em out for handling, changing logos on the car, adding wings, wanting fancy air intakes, trying to make them more sporty, etc...

Meanwhile I'm happy just driving around in my car as is, getting 48 to 53 mpg on the highway. Life is good.

Just got my free oil change a couple of weeks back at 7,500 miles. I've got just a little over 10k miles on the car now and my second payment is due in a week or so.
    I came here to see how the car was doing and it's sold!

Definitely got your monies worth, and I hope the new owner continues this!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well, it's almost 2023 and no sign of the new owner. Too bad, I was hoping to follow that car into the boneyard. For you guys in the south who know no concept called RUST do you really appreciate how lucky you are? Imagine snapping every bolt on an exhaust manifold rusted to death in Saltville but a mere, twist, SNAP, broken heat rust bond and the bolt spins out freely in the land of Dixie. Well, DO YOU? LOL

Oh, Hyundai? Total unmitigated crap. My Dad foolishly bought 2 in his life. He didn't learn his lesson the first time around. Hmmm, used out of warranty 2004 Santa Fe or brand new 2007 Caravan loaded for about the same price. That POS Santa Fe stranded me more times than I can count
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Well, it's almost 2023 and no sign of the new owner. Too bad, I was hoping to follow that car into the boneyard. For you guys in the south who know no concept called RUST do you really appreciate how lucky you are? Imagine snapping every bolt on an exhaust manifold rusted to death in Saltville but a mere, twist, SNAP, broken heat rust bond and the bolt spins out freely in the land of Dixie. Well, DO YOU? LOL

Oh, Hyundai? Total unmitigated crap. My Dad foolishly bought 2 in his life. He didn't learn his lesson the first time around. Hmmm, used out of warranty 2004 Santa Fe or brand new 2007 Caravan loaded for about the same price. That POS Santa Fe stranded me more times than I can count

I miss Steve & his cheap plastic car!