Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aisin AMR500 supercharger

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I thought the Jatco CVT was designed for 150 horsepower.
    Well, that would be cool.

Point is, the car is designed around the power that it's intended to make, with a design margin of at least 20%, but probably not more than 50%. If the transmission is an off-the-shelf part that's good for 150hp... good. What about the clutch? The axles? Etc.

When you start pushing beyond that typical 20% margin, that's where you're going to find what breaks.

You'll find the deficiencies in the driveline, the cooling system, the fueling system, etc.

Forced induction is an easy way to get that easy 20-25%. Problem is, an awful lot of people get a taste of that, and they want more. And it's easy to get more! But, not necessarily easy to get more reliably.

Simplify and add lightness.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

18slcmirage (11-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Well, that would be cool.

Point is, the car is designed around the power that it's intended to make, with a design margin of at least 20%, but probably not more than 50%. If the transmission is an off-the-shelf part that's good for 150hp... good. What about the clutch? The axles? Etc.

When you start pushing beyond that typical 20% margin, that's where you're going to find what breaks.

You'll find the deficiencies in the driveline, the cooling system, the fueling system, etc.

Forced induction is an easy way to get that easy 20-25%. Problem is, an awful lot of people get a taste of that, and they want more. And it's easy to get more! But, not necessarily easy to get more reliably.

Hey guys, fairly new '14 Mirage owner here. Just stumbled on this guy on ebay: https://ebay.to/2OXqHGk

Then found this thread. Has anyone made any more progress attempting to mount an AMR500 to a Mirage? Was first considering M90 or M62 superchagers from cobalt SS, but this looks much better sized for our displacement. And 5psi sounds perfect for my future goals. Very curious to dig deeper on this one

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Welcome to the forum burnt toast! Lots of info here and the "google custom search" field in the upper right hand corner is your best friend. If you do decide to start a supercharger project I know the forum members would enjoy a play by play progress report.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Has anyone tried this Aisin AMR500 super charger yet?

The thai guy running the supercharged Attrage actually has a shop called Nugarage Amphawa.
    Check out his FB. He is using an EATON SC.

Enquiring if he is selling it as a kit.

I stole this from their facecrack page Attachment 18582

Attachment 18583

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Fit (07-14-2020),Loren (07-14-2020)

Someone buy this and fab up a kit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-S...-/183235856570

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    The TOP mirage is running an Aisin AMR300 SC.
    The bottom one is running a SC from the Nissan Note.
    I am asking a Thai translator for price of components and if they have a kit.
    He don’t recommend it for cvt as it ships but that’s because he is going for all out power and racing the **** out of the thing.
    I am just aiming for light boost 100HP.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Nissan note supercharger from Japan. Not that expensive.

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/detai...rs/PA00029280/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fit For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-15-2020)

Retarded question, why does it look like there are 3 large round ports on those Note superchargers? One being the throttle body. I haven't been around superchargers for a while, the ones I recall had an inlet and outlet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am jealous of the supercharger AND the teal color...

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)