Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Installing a Daox rear sway bar

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Ok. Now about how the bar changes the handling. I honestly didn't think something so simple could affect the handling as much as this did. Daox, with sincerity, thank you for taking the time to manufacture this bar. I couldn't imagine why this wouldn't have included this from factory. The rear end is like from another car. Thank you again.

I went through some mountain passes last year at a speed that caused my car to feel tippy and can't wait to see how it feels next weekend.

Guys, buy this bar.

Thanks so much for the glowing review Alex. I'm really happy to hear you are so pleased!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (06-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Thanks so much for the glowing review Alex. I'm really happy to hear you are so pleased!
    Give the credit when it's due.

Another performance note: On a circle exit I normally take between 35-40 mph and the rear would lean quite a bit, today, the car felt like a totally different car and I took it quicker with still less body roll. Seriously, such a great product.

Working on a front tower bar Daox? ;-)
    (blank signature)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-12-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Installation complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I installed my sway bar today.

Ok. Now about how the bar changes the handling. I honestly didn't think something so simple could affect the handling as much as this did. Daox, with sincerity, thank you for taking the time to manufacture this bar. I couldn't imagine why this wouldn't have included this from factory. The rear end is like from another car. Thank you again.

I went through some mountain passes last year at a speed that caused my car to feel tippy and can't wait to see how it feels next weekend.

Guys, buy this bar.
    The sway bar review by Alex1a1f inspired me to purchase one. I ordered one on Sunday afternoon. The sway bar box was sitting in front of my garage door 2 days later (Tuesday). I didn’t waste any time installing it.

I had some of the same minor issues during installation. I couldn’t get the rear bolts to drop in the correct hole. Lifting the car slightly (stretching the rear stock springs) allowed the bolt heads/washers to drop in easily. The front bolts/washers weren’t a problem to drop in.

I lowered my rear tires on 4” blocks of wood. It gave me a little more room to use my mechanics creeper cart. Thus, my Mirage was raised slightly during installation, but still level.

I struggled with the brake line brackets/clips somewhat, too. The one side cleared the bracket easily, but other side was pretty tight/snug. It seemed to install ok, despite that. 15 mm socket (short extension helps) & 17 mm wrench are pretty much a must.

I am not the type of person that does a lot of modifications to any of my vehicles, & I will admit that I was somewhat skeptical of the difference a sway bar would make. After I was done, I went for a ride.

I live in a rural part of southwest Wisconsin that is very hilly, and we have curvy roads everywhere. I don’t have to go far to test things. I can honestly say that I felt a difference before I was even out of my driveway. I was amazed! Seriously, I wasn’t expecting such a difference. It makes the entire car feel more solid and secure. I’ve never driven a 2014-15 Mirage, & I didn’t think my 2017 Mirage was all that bad. I must confirm what Alex1a1f has already stated. It’s amazing how something so simple can change the entire feel of the car!

Other likes –

The welds are well done. Welding both sides of the bracket to the pipe was a smart move.

The paint job seems great! I like the black. If pink makes you happy, however, I say go for it! ☺

The sway bar was lighter than expected. Obviously, it’s not a solid bar. If a hollow pipe can do the job with less weight, that’s great! It seems to do that!

Daox - you should work for Mitsubishi as an engineer! Instead of focusing on electronic gadgets (Bluetooth, back up cameras, etc….) to sway consumers to buy a Mirage, Mitsubishi should be adding a Daox rear sway bar to every car!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (06-13-2018),Daox (06-13-2018),Grumpy Bear (01-13-2024),inuvik (06-13-2018),Marklovski (06-13-2018),MetroMPG (07-11-2018),Top_Fuel (06-13-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Woohoo, glad to hear from another satisfied user! Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (06-14-2018)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I am not sure how everyone was able to mount there bars without the brake line mounts completely being in the way.

There is no way for the mount to sit flush as the brake line mounts are at level where the sway bar would rest. If I put the bar above the line mounts then the farthest back bolt will not allow the bar to be flush and the other side does not line up as it hits the mount.

I currently do not have an angle grinder with me or I would just notch out the corners on the sway bar.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20180709_153448.jpg
Views: 1960
Size:  88.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180709_153250.jpg
Views: 1943
Size:  92.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180709_153222.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  91.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180709_153207.jpg
Views: 1751
Size:  89.7 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That really sucks. I apologize. You're the first one who has been unable to install the bar. What can I do for you to make it right?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by failsatheals View Post
    I am not sure how everyone was able to mount there bars without the brake line mounts completely being in the way.

There is no way for the mount to sit flush as the brake line mounts are at level where the sway bar would rest. If I put the bar above the line mounts then the farthest back bolt will not allow the bar to be flush and the other side does not line up as it hits the mount.

I currently do not have an angle grinder with me or I would just notch out the corners on the sway bar.
    Are you jacking up both sides equality? All I did was slide the bar in and it was flush.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Daox if you have any left I definitely will take one but at the moment I’m waiting for my replacement rear axle to be finished next week and to make sure the rear alignment is all squared away.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, I still have a bunch of extras around. Let me know when you are ready. I have them all packed and ready to ship out.