Thread: DIY: Installing a Daox rear sway bar

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMfan92 View Post
    ALRIGHT.

SO!

I unfortunately didn’t make an installation video. What made this the easiest was jacking the rear corners up one at a time to extend the spring and clear the perches for the back bolts.

Got all four in, lifted the bar and suspended with lock nuts. Again, jacked up one corner at a time, so I could get the adjustable wrench to each bolt. Got them as tight as I could, repeated the other side, dropped the whole rear ended and went back under and cranked those suckers down until I couldn’t anymore.

My wife took the first test drive, and was so so so giddy and told me “find out for yourself” when I asked if it was better.

HOLY $?!@.

I DIDNT EXPECT THIS.

I love it. The car feels SO much more stable than it used to. Way more confident around corners. And trust me. I threw it into a few. And instead of rolling and feeling unstable, it just dug in and went where I told it to.

Dudes. Get this bar. It’s like a whole new car.
    That's cool! It's amazing how something so simple can make such an improvement. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's cool! It's amazing how something so simple can make such an improvement. Thanks for sharing your experience!
    No problem man! Glad I finally had some extra green to throw towards it! Definitely worth every penny!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMfan92 View Post
    ALRIGHT.

SO!

I unfortunately didn’t make an installation video. What made this the easiest was jacking the rear corners up one at a time to extend the spring and clear the perches for the back bolts.

Got all four in, lifted the bar and suspended with lock nuts. Again, jacked up one corner at a time, so I could get the adjustable wrench to each bolt. Got them as tight as I could, repeated the other side, dropped the whole rear ended and went back under and cranked those suckers down until I couldn’t anymore.

My wife took the first test drive, and was so so so giddy and told me “find out for yourself” when I asked if it was better.

HOLY $?!@.

I DIDNT EXPECT THIS.

I love it. The car feels SO much more stable than it used to. Way more confident around corners. And trust me. I threw it into a few. And instead of rolling and feeling unstable, it just dug in and went where I told it to.

Dudes. Get this bar. It’s like a whole new car.
    I know right?

I'm used to it now, but I remember when I first put it on and took it for a spin I was pretty floored.

NO MORE FEELING LIKE YOURE GOING TO FALL OVER IN A TURN!

YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO THE SUGGESTED SPEEDS ON ON/OFF RAMPS!

I mean, it's still not a mini cooper or anything, but it's a HUGE improvement for how simple it is to install.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Glad you like it so much! Thanks for the great review.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Glad you like it so much! Thanks for the great review.
    OF COURSE!

thank you for making these!

Now I just need a front strut brace and I’ll be done!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey there Daox,

I purchased your swaybar a little while ago and I loved how it improved the roll characteristics of the car. But today I noticed a thunk after going over a bump that turned out to be your swaybar. The weld between the bar and bracket let loose. Didn't even last 10k. I PM'd you and you still haven't responded

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroboros View Post
    Hey there Daox,

I purchased your swaybar a little while ago and I loved how it improved the roll characteristics of the car. But today I noticed a thunk after going over a bump that turned out to be your swaybar. The weld between the bar and bracket let loose. Didn't even last 10k. I PM'd you and you still haven't responded
    I think the sway bars are taking on way more strain than one realizes, which means they are really doing something.

In some cases, even when the weld holds the bar itself still twists, snaps, & breaks.
    Last edited by Mark; 04-02-2021 at 03:07 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I really liked the effect it had on the ride. Is this a common issue?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I replied to your PM, but I'll also mention things here.

Yes, others have seen this failure as well. Not a ton, but enough. Most of them get much more than 10k miles out of their sway bars. However, their lifespan is still unacceptable in my opinion. This is the reason that I have stopped selling the bars. They just have not lasted as long as I had hoped. I do have plans to redesign to improve their lifespan, but its not a primary project of mine at the moment.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    where can you buy the sway bar?