Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Installing a Daox rear sway bar

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azariah747 View Post
    where can you buy the sway bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    This is the reason that I have stopped selling the bars.
    Sometimes reading is helpful.

(blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Sometimes reading is helpful.
    His question was valid. Other vendors sell Mirage rear sway bars. Do a google search for them.

https://nextgentuning.com/products/u...ar-ur-ar19-422

Anything that fits any earlier models is going to still fit later models.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    His question was valid. Other vendors sell Mirage rear sway bars. Do a google search for them.

https://nextgentuning.com/products/u...ar-ur-ar19-422

Anything that fits any earlier models is going to still fit later models.
    Debatable. 'The sway bar,' referring to this thread. Yes, there are others, but not 'the' one here.

Either way, people should read the threads though, doesn't happen often enough.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Debatable. 'The sway bar,' referring to this thread. Yes, there are others, but not 'the' one here.

Either way, people should read the threads though, doesn't happen often enough.
    Daox said he stopped selling them in post 79, & he asked his question in post 80?

The rear sway bars take on a lot of stress apparently.

Anyone have a rear sway bar that's lasted for years? That should be the question probably. I've seen other brands of Mirage rear sway bars also fail on this forum.

If I figured I really needed a rear sway bar I would have bought a different car by now that handles better. Same goes for a turbo, better brakes, headlights or stereo.....

I don’t blame anyone for posting a question that’s been answered in a thread once before. Try searching for something, it’s almost impossible to find anything easily. Most threads are filled with useless or off topic posts, kinda like this.....
    Reading people whining about it sparks joy.

Besides reading is hard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry for not reading its just i have been dealing with a lot of stuff lately, between medical issues and life. actually found out my car wash is trying to kill me. just been really stressed and i want to get rid of my car annoyances. yeah turns out those automatic car washes use some pretty harsh chemicals that you dont want on your skin.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    maybe all it needs is a softer steel so it has more play but still adds enough to rigidity

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Sorry for not reading its just i have been dealing with a lot of stuff lately, between medical issues and life. actually found out my car wash is trying to kill me. just been really stressed and i want to get rid of my car annoyances. yeah turns out those automatic car washes use some pretty harsh chemicals that you dont want on your skin.
    Wow sounds like you have a lot going on. Maybe hold off on the anti-sway bar until you’re on top of those other problems?

Sounds like you run a car wash?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Wow sounds like you have a lot going on. Maybe hold off on the anti-sway bar until you’re on top of those other problems?

Sounds like you run a car wash?
    yeah its not a huge deal for the sway bar right now. its just my wife is going to be driving soon and she is starting from square 1. she's never even ridden a bike. so just wanted to get this running better and turning better too before she tries it out on the road. ill probably install this before she starts. the leaning when i turn in this car actually effects me physically too(i do uber). less lean would mean the world for my 6'1" frame.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    yeah its not a huge deal for the sway bar right now. its just my wife is going to be driving soon and she is starting from square 1. she's never even ridden a bike. so just wanted to get this running better and turning better too before she tries it out on the road. ill probably install this before she starts. the leaning when i turn in this car actually effects me physically too(i do uber). less lean would mean the world for my 6'1" frame.
    Have you considered trying an Air Lift system? Sounds like it would suit your needs better.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)