Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Installing a Daox rear sway bar

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have read all the threads. Placed an order tonight. Thanks for the time and effort.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So I went through both threads, and I may have missed it, but did anyone take measurements with the sway bar installed? Seems like if it's too stiff, it could potentially disable the torsion beam?

Forgive me if I'm off base, I'm not super familiar with how car suspension systems and individual components work, other than a simple understanding of damping and rebound in coil-overs, and basic physics in general.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobu View Post
    So I went through both threads, and I may have missed it, but did anyone take measurements with the sway bar installed? Seems like if it's too stiff, it could potentially disable the torsion beam?

Forgive me if I'm off base, I'm not super familiar with how car suspension systems and individual components work, other than a simple understanding of damping and rebound in coil-overs, and basic physics in general.
    Not sure what you mean by measurements?

If I bought a second Mirage today, & I would be ordering a second Daox sway bar tomorrow. I was a bit skeptical of what difference it would make. After installing it, my opinion changed before my car make it out of the end of my driveway. I wouldn't leave home without my Daox sway bar on my Mirage!

It's not something you have to have, but it's made me like my Mirage more (especially on windy days).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I need to get a few bars next time I have some spare cash. The three Mirage's at the house without them are sad.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Not sure what you mean by measurements?

If I bought a second Mirage today, & I would be ordering a second Daox sway bar tomorrow. I was a bit skeptical of what difference it would make. After installing it, my opinion changed before my car make it out of the end of my driveway. I wouldn't leave home without my Daox sway bar on my Mirage!

It's not something you have to have, but it's made me like my Mirage more (especially on windy days).
    I don't doubt that. I'm saying (or rather, asking), could it be too much? What would happen if it were too much (a bar that's too stiff)?

Say you went over a bump in the road, normally the shocks would compress, the beam would flex/twist, and the other side would respond in some way. How does this bar change the dynamic and static response of the suspension (aside from less body roll)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I don't doubt that. I'm saying (or rather, asking), could it be too much? What would happen if it were too much (a bar that's too stiff)?
    In my experience, no, it's not too much. It's just right for a daily driver.

Say you went over a bump in the road, normally the shocks would compress, the beam would flex/twist, and the other side would respond in some way. How does this bar change the dynamic and static response of the suspension (aside from less body roll)?
    It ties the two wheels of the rear axle together more and in my opinion, allows suspension components on either side help the other respond to road imperfections.

And I got an early model. The design has been improved since.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are these sway bars still available for purchase?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Yes they are.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Just curious, how much $$$ would freight to Europe be?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    PM me your address and I'll get you a quote.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)