Thread: Clutch Kit only $92 TODAY ONLY

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Clutch Kit only $92 TODAY ONLY

Use promo code for 20% off today only PICKDADSGIFT

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173203689413

Only 8 of them left.

Highly recommend you guys to buy it at this crazy low price and just keep it in storage. Dealer charges $400 for same item. And imagine in 3 years these will be much harder to find and the price will get jacked up something crazy.

I feel you can certainly just sell it in the future if you dont need it and can probably sell it for a profit (>90% probability).

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-06-2018),inuvik (06-06-2018),Top_Fuel (06-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Any guess as to who makes it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-07-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I'm not sure I'm ready to buy a clutch kit from an unknown manufacturer on eBay...but I will sure use the 20% coupon code on something else! So thanks for the heads-up!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-07-2018)

I agree. But I'd take a gamble only cause I'd be doing the work and it wouldn't be a big job. If I were paying a shop to do the job I'd buy a brand name clutch locally or from a reputable company. If you pay to have the elcheapo one installed and it blows apart or the throwout bearing piles up in 6 months you're really not saving anything.
    I don't picture no name mirage clutches going up in value so don't hoard too many.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-07-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for that information guys, I did not consider that a generic brand may be of a lower quality than OEM.

But I do feel that the clutch can be sold in the future for over $100 so for me it seems like a good investment. But I saw a thread here a few days ago about a taxi Mirage that wore out the clutch at 40k miles (original stock clutch)

I dont want to end up in a scenario paying $400 for the part in 3 years. In my case I would not have the know-how to install it myself so I am already going to pay a pretty penny to the local mechanic to install the dang thing.

UPDATE: I read the feedback of this eBay vendor and he pretty much only sells clutch kits and feedback is almost 100% all positive on the clutches so I believe the quality is good.

Newbies: Keep in mind that the clutch is not covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty and if you wear yours out than you will need to pay for it out of pocket.
    Last edited by fc321; 06-07-2018 at 12:59 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (06-07-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    All this discussion reminds me of a time I bought some thing online (from Amazon I think...) Anyway I put it away to use some other day. When I tried it, it didn't work for some dopey reason but it was way too late to return it. The lesson learned was to test it out as soon as I get it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-08-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Thanks for that information guys, I did not consider that a generic brand may be of a lower quality than OEM.

But I do feel that the clutch can be sold in the future for over $100 so for me it seems like a good investment. But I saw a thread here a few days ago about a taxi Mirage that wore out the clutch at 40k miles (original stock clutch)

I dont want to end up in a scenario paying $400 for the part in 3 years. In my case I would not have the know-how to install it myself so I am already going to pay a pretty penny to the local mechanic to install the dang thing.

UPDATE: I read the feedback of this eBay vendor and he pretty much only sells clutch kits and feedback is almost 100% all positive on the clutches so I believe the quality is good.

Newbies: Keep in mind that the clutch is not covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty and if you wear yours out than you will need to pay for it out of pocket.
    Also consider a lot of shops won't install parts they didn't provide.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In 3-5 years parts will be plentiful as there will be over 200,000 of these roaming around the US. I'm not too worried.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Also consider a lot of shops won't install parts they didn't provide.
    Yes, but thats why I like to go to Mom and Pop shops and independent shops. For me any shop that tells me they wont install a part they do not provide is a huge red flag that they are looking to overcharge me. Places like that I avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by tytotheler92 View Post
    In 3-5 years parts will be plentiful as there will be over 200,000 of these roaming around the US. I'm not too worried.
    Perhaps. I am not sure if the newer 17 and 18 models use the same clutch as the 14 and 15's? Its tough to say what the projected future sales will be for Mirage. Gasoline prices are 2.69 per gallon where I live. At those prices the typical Americans are not interested in subcompacts or econoboxes. I myself am a minimalist and an efficiency freak so regardless of gas prices i enjoy econoboxes because I feel they give me the highest bang for my buck (Cheapest entry price, cheapest price to maintain and repair, cheapest operating costs, easiest to fit into small parking spaces).

Anyways I decided to look at it like an "investment". I have invested 92$ into the clutch as a hedge against possible price increases, scarcity or even a total lack of availability. Yes I could probably order one from Thailand or Phillipines but the dang thing is so heavy that the shipping would be a total killer. God bless you all but this is how I feel about it. And already bought it so there is no reversing the decision (in my case).

I hope that those among you that chose not to buy a clutch will not have too hard of a time buying one in the future. And I hope it doesnt cost you 400 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Yes, but thats why I like to go to Mom and Pop shops and independent shops. For me any shop that tells me they wont install a part they do not provide is a huge red flag that they are looking to overcharge me. Places like that I avoid.
    I used to hate when customers would supply their own parts. Half the time they were wrong or were the cheapest garbage they could find on amazon or ebay. If a customer supplies wrong parts and it isn't discovered soon enough, now they have their car taken apart tying up a hoist until either the customer gets around to getting the proper one or the shop has to order the proper parts in. Either way, it's losing the shop money wasting a lot of time. And the customer isn't getting their car back on time.
    When customers supply the proper parts but they're cheap garbage and fail far sooner than they should have the customer usually get's irate and blames the shop.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-29-2018),Top_Fuel (06-29-2018)