Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abs sensor compatibility

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Abs sensor compatibility

Just curious if the 2014 vs 2015 and abs sensors are interchangeable? If not what's the differnce?

I can't say for sure on 14' but I'm pretty sure 15' and 17' are the same, at least the rear ones appear to be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    14 to 15 did get different sensors.

Mirage brake history (factory revisions/changes)
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Wonder if they are actually different or just different part numbers? Ford used to be terrible for updating part number for ecm's. They'd have 20 different part numbers for one computer.The new number would interchange with older but not the other way around.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    From what I've read 2014 up to April got one sensor and 2014 after April all the way to current uses a different sensor. I was thinking it could just be a part number difference. Far as I can tell the wheel bearings in the knuckle are the same so why the center is different I have no idea. I was thinking worst case scenario maybe they changed the plug where it meets the ABS module

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I think they had some issues with ABS lines and corrosion or something. It wasn't really an issue in the US, but in the 2013 models overseas they had a safety recall if I recall correctly.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Cuba
    Thanks
    Hoping back into this one with an issue I ran into. not sure if folks could chime in!

Background
    I bought a used 2014 Mirage from someone I met volunteering. Works find until ABS light comes on. I Took it to mechanic and he requested the ABS sensor right front and so I get this piece (4670B087) . I'm guessing thats the 2015 abs replacement.

I hand over to mechanic and he tells me the new ABS i sent him (4670B087) wont work because the old one he took out has a female pin (the one facing the abs module) and the new one has a male pin. (see images)

I searched around but found nothing online.

Quick Conclusion
    Im guessing the 2014 is actually the 4670A970 with a female pin and the 2015 (4670B087) has a male pin. Can anyone help me confirm this?

What do you guys think i could do?

Name:  661898967.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  71.9 KBName:  661899025.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  59.7 KB

It looks like there are 2 different abs sensors for 2014(early and late model). At least in north america(gotta preface with that since there are so many differences between markets).

You're gonna need your production date, it should be on the black sticker on the LH lower B pillar(open drivers door and look down).

According to this the 4670A970 fits up to 4/1/2014 and the 4670B087 fits from 4/1/2014 and newer. I assume you have an early production 2014. I have have one as well but haven't looked at the abs connectors.

If you're really in a pinch and don't want to wait for the correct sensor I'd like to assume/hope that you could just cut the connectors off and swap them assuming that both wires are the same length. The connector is located up high behind the fender and isn't really exposed to the elements so it doesn't need to be hurricane proof.

I wonder if this should be clarified in this thread that there are early and late production front abs sensors.

This is good to know. If I need to replace a front wheel bearing on mine I doubt I'll be able to remove the abs sensor without damaging it.
    Post back what you end up doing.
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-24-2021 at 01:30 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

city2014rover (12-26-2021)

Country
    Cuba
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Thank you so much for the reply and clarification. That makes so much more sense.

I ended up just purchasing the pre 4/1 abs sensor so I could pass inspection and just get back to driving. Sucks that I can't return the post 4/1 sensor but i might just sell it on ebay.

I agree with you on updating the thread. Would had saved me a hundred bucks! I'll update the thread once it arrives and I swap them out. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I wonder if this should be clarified in this thread that there are early and late production front abs sensors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wanted to clarify something on this post if you guys will indulge me. The early model 2014s (up to 4/1/2014) need a plug on the sensor with a male end. The female end is on the sensor for the newer models. With that said I am attempting the butt splicing trick where I take a newer sensor and am going to splice it with the sensor that was originally there. I needed a wheel bearing change and was unsuccessful at removing the rusted in place original without damaging it. I will update if the splicing method works once installed.