Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage 74hp vs Attrage 80hp engine (Mirage sedan engine more powerful?)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks

Mirage 74hp vs Attrage 80hp engine (Mirage sedan engine more powerful?)

Update, spoke with one of the dealer, mirage's ECU clocked to 74Hp while New Attrage clocked to 80 HP. with the same engine. maybe we can reflash ECU to get the same HP?

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That's very interesting cheezy could be an easy power boost for those that want it. Unless there is some other changers made to the engine?

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiec View Post
    That's very interesting cheezy could be an easy power boost for those that want it. Unless there is some other changers made to the engine?
    asked and he said no changes to the engine.

quite surprise with New Attrage with the same engine

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiec View Post
    my friend on vacation in aussie now. is there any different item from malaysia that i should grab ?

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Only thing I can think might be the front anti roll bar unless you got one on yours.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I think that you can always reflash the ECU. Mind you that fuel consumption will always be higher. Am quite curious as to the increase in the consumption.
    Does this means that the Attrage has the same engine code as the mirage? Mitsubishi's well known as a quite inconsistent motoring producer, the same engine code may have two or more different ECU. A buddy has swapped a broken ECU with the same Galant ECU, same engine code, same motor type, same generation, but it won't work at all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    I think that you can always reflash the ECU. Mind you that fuel consumption will always be higher. Am quite curious as to the increase in the consumption.
    Does this means that the Attrage has the same engine code as the mirage? Mitsubishi's well known as a quite inconsistent motoring producer, the same engine code may have two or more different ECU. A buddy has swapped a broken ECU with the same Galant ECU, same engine code, same motor type, same generation, but it won't work at all.
    why it wont work? weird

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    He had headache for days as well. Somehow it's different but he couldn't figure out why. But then again reflashing should not be a problem as long as you are using the original ECU i think ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    mirage's ECU clocked to 74Hp while New Attrage clocked to 80 HP. with the same engine.
    And both engines were un-modified?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I hope nobody minds, but I split this discussion off into a new thread (vs staying in the thread about the sway bar). It should get more attention here and makes more sense to have it in the engine and trans forum.

It would be really interesting to see a dyno graph of a Mirage and Attrage / G4 next to each other to see where that extra 6 hp comes from.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)