Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Economy / Gas Mileage Sticky Index (look here for good info)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Fuel Economy / Gas Mileage Sticky Index (look here for good info)

Herein shall be held all the pertinent sticky info for the fuel economy sub-forum. This is basically to eliminate a huge list of stickies at the top of each sub-forum, yet keep important info easy to find. Feel free to reply so things can be added!

Of course, don't forget to track your Mirage / Space Star / Attrage fuel economy in the Mirage Forum fuel economy log too!

Fuel economy / mileage ratings ...

Comparisons to other vehicles ...

Fuel economy instrumentation ...

Tips for getting good fuel economy ...

Fuel consumption testing ...

Personal best fuel economy by owners ...

Eco-driving / hypermiling contests & results ...

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

gone.a (01-01-2016)

Good idea. I'm going to add links to the various eco-driving competitions/challenges.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Hey,

is there a way to add some more info to the Mirage fuel log, such as seen in the ecomodder.com forum?
    It would be great to have these summary features, like total mileage, total savings, average distance cost, total cost, etc...

thx for the consideration.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Why, yes there is.

I actually have several requests for additions. I'll be honest: it's going to be a couple more weeks before I can get to them. I'll post about it when I do though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    2015 cvt , so far I'm averaging between 42.8-46.5

Country
    United States
    Thanks

How are the mpg numbers calculated?

Are the lifetime fuel economy numbers added and divided by the number of cars or are all the miles added and divided by the number of gallons? Assuming everyone drove the same distance the later method would skew the figure to a lower mpg.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

It's total distance and total fuel volume of all entries.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I am surprised this link has not been listed, with Metro, Daox, 3dplane, old mech being on board :
    http://ecomodder.com/wiki/index.php/...fications_Main

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    question: do i still have to put a Fuel log even if i didnt had a full tank? or the Fuel log is only for full tank?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

The log is meant for complete fill-ups. Otherwise you don't know your actual fuel consumption.

The Mirage's onboard fuel economy display is reasonably accurate, but not 100%.