Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engines & Transmissions Sticky Index (look here for good info)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno.mirage15 View Post
    Any recommendations on an additional transmission fluid cooler I can get installed and working in conjunction with its original? 2015 Mirage CVT
    The Jatco JF015E (CVT-7) CVT used in the Mirage has a heat exchanger that is mounted within the transmission housing and is tied in with the engine coolant/antifreeze circuit. Just as an internal-combustion engine is most efficient when it is at it's full operating temperature, so is the CVT.

I would advise against spending money on a transmission cooler as it's temperature is intended to be maintained with the engine. Instead consider using the money and effort in a transmission fluid replacement and filter change.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-11-2018),Inferno.mirage15 (08-13-2018)

Some Nissan's
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 07:40 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Inferno.mirage15 (08-13-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've drained and filled my fluid twice because I've been having some issues, whining and grinding noise when I foot the accelerator sometimes and at those times it's days where it's over a hundred degrees out, so in theory I imagined the Heat is what's causing the tranny issues.. to just today I spoke with a dealer service advisor and he talked about how the CVT doesn't really generate a lot of heat like the more common Transmissions out there and mentioned if there is a problem then it's probably within the clutches. And so I think I will redirect funds towards getting my coolant serviced. Currently at 91k and Counting