Thread: Performance Front Control Arm Bushings

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Performance Front Control Arm Bushings

I did some google searching and in the forum without much luck. The stock bushings are softer than I'd prefer.

My friend who is good at searching car parts found this:
    https://siberianbushing.com/catalog/...RAGE/A05A/2014

Any experience with these or know an alternative?

Mitsu master tech since 2009, German car guy, recently bought a 14 Mirage 5spd with 145k. Youtube Channel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 30.5 mpg (US) ... 13.0 km/L ... 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ive heard of stiffer sway bar bushings but never control arm bushings. I can't imagine these would make a noticeable change.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What tires and tire size would you be running? Considering the age of the car, I'm wondering if any play or squishy feel in your steering is possibly just wear and a brand new OEM control arm bushing would do the job? I'm interested; possibly making an autocross toy out of mine

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Right now I've got 195/60/15 snow tires on it (used from previous winter car) that are a little too big even though I rolled the fenders last week to clear them better. I'd be running a 195/50/15 if I were choosing a size. I did think about replacing them with stock, but I'm so used to just running performance bushings. This is the first car I've had trouble finding them for.

I tried to order those Siberian ones, but you can only wire/bank transfer money to them because of sanctions the US has in place right now.

Mohammad, I promise those bushings make a huge difference in anything that is being put around corners fast. My primary track car has been destroying polyurethane bushings each season, so I finally converted them to bearings last year that allow no flexing at all. Totally awesome for the track, but I'd stick to poly for what my Mirage is used for.

Mitsu master tech since 2009, German car guy, recently bought a 14 Mirage 5spd with 145k. Youtube Channel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 30.5 mpg (US) ... 13.0 km/L ... 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp)