Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If someone wants it:

https://www.copart.com/lot/38582888

mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I'd go visit that junk yard and get a thing or two off of it but it's too far from me. Anyways what did you end up replacing your G4 with?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    I'd go visit that junk yard and get a thing or two off of it but it's too far from me. Anyways what did you end up replacing your G4 with?
    I had the mirage for daily driving and Lancer SE my wife was using since she had her lease expire. I took back my Lancer and she drives a 2018 Mirage G4. But honestly I wont be getting mitsu any longer. The parts are insanely expensive or non existent. I think I will go with Toyota, mainly the Corolla Hatch or a Civic Coupe since they came in stick and non turbo.
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I had the mirage for daily driving and Lancer SE my wife was using since she had her lease expire. I took back my Lancer and she drives a 2018 Mirage G4. But honestly I wont be getting mitsu any longer. The parts are insanely expensive or non existent. I think I will go with Toyota, mainly the Corolla Hatch or a Civic Coupe since they came in stick and non turbo.
    while I was waiting on my G4 rear axle to be sorted out (which never got fixed to 100% correctness) and thought i might trade it. I started looking at a Corolla hatch, civic’s, Mazda 3’s. Since it was near the end of the 18’s on the lot there wasn’t much to choose from for Corolla hatches. I’m sure if I pursued it I could of found one but I ended up getting and keeping my G4. Those Corolla batches are pretty nice. I’ve had good luck with Toyota’s in the past. Very reliable. We still have our 13’ Prius C I bought 1/14. Runs great and haven’t had any issues. Just replaced the original tires at 60k miles and still has original brakes and battery.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    while I was waiting on my G4 rear axle to be sorted out (which never got fixed to 100% correctness)...
    So whatever happened with that?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

I’ve had good luck with Toyota’s in the past. Very reliable. We still have our 13’ Prius C I bought 1/14. Runs great and haven’t had any issues. Just replaced the original tires at 60k miles and still has original brakes and battery.
    Can't go wrong with the Prius hybrids. The Prius is one of Toyota's most trouble-free models, and one that owners tend to keep for a long time.

That said, a Mirage is better bang for the buck! I'm also curious to know about your axle situation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Can't go wrong with the Prius hybrids. The Prius is one of Toyota's most trouble-free models, and one that owners tend to keep for a long time.

That said, a Mirage is better bang for the buck! I'm also curious to know about your axle situation.
    I agree the Prius is a great car but I still find it over-priced. Thats why I bought the Mirage and am holding out that in 8 more years the electronic car industry will have matured to the point that you can buy an electric car for under $15k new.

But I think my next car is going to be a motorcycle and Uber. The price of insurance is just too high and traffic congestion in 3 to 5 years will make car ownership very inconvenient. Especially if you live in the Big City. On a motorcycle or scooter I can just split the lanes and pass all the cagers.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    On a motorcycle or scooter I can just split the lanes and pass all the cagers.
    Isn't that illegal?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Axle situation is the same as last I reported on it in the defective axle thread. They gave me a replacement axle but it is still 2 degrees past maximum alignment specifications. They handed it back to me and said it was all set. It’s not but there not going to do anything more about it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    They gave me a replacement axle
    ...it is still 2 degrees past maximum alignment specifications.
    ...they're not going to do anything more about it.
    Thanks for the update. I would be on the phone to complain to corporate Mitsubishi about this.

I wonder if your car has another issue that they don't want to mess with? It's hard to imagine an axle being that far out of spec...unless the mounting points on the car are the issue. If that's the case, that may not be repairable and they know it.

You aren't the first one to be in that situation where a replacement axle didn't fix the problem. But you are the first one who ever followed up to say that Mitsubishi will throw you under the bus if the first replacement axle doesn't work.

If that's going to be Mitsubishi's policy, then I would never buy a new Mirage without a pre-purchase alignment check.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-30-2018)