Thread: Bought a Auris Hybrid

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks

Bought a Auris Hybrid

I had the Space star for four years, but since I needed more space I decided to buy a Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sport Comfort H2 eCvt 2017 with 13.000 km on the clock.
    I'll pay the same amount of tax for the bigger Auris each year, and it drives longer on the same amount of fuel as before.
    Of course the gas tank is bigger to 45L Auris istead of 35L Space star, but this car is just so good, and it's still fun to watch the numbers go up high when trying to reach best mpg.)
    Where the 5speed manual got me about 51 mpg at the highest. 20km journey a few intersections/country and city.
    I get 68 mpg very easy with the Auris Ecvt, and there is still room for getting better. As I have only had the car for about to weeks.

I haven't spend much time on the forum for the last years, but it's always good to look back and see that there are some great things to improve on the Mirage/Space star.

High mpg greetings from a happy new Auris Hybrid owner Name:  IMG_20180619_164002.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  98.5 KBName:  IMG_20180625_220455.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  89.5 KBName:  IMG_20180621_224846.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  92.5 KB

Congrats on the new car, uheym!

I think the closest we have to this car in North America is the Corolla hatchback (sold as iM), but Toyota doesn't offer it as a hybrid here.

Possibly it's also similar to the platform used for the Lexus CT hybrid too (same engine, says Wikipedia).

I LOVE driving Toyota's hybrids! Total eco-nerd video game driving experience managing the gas + electric modes for best fuel economy. I had a 2004 Prius as a winter car a few years ago. My sister has a 2007 Camry hybrid.

You could get similar numbers to the Auris with a manual Mirage, BUT to do so you would have to manually shut off the gas engine at every possible opportunity (eg. even when coasting) as your hybrid does.

Hope you enjoy it. Sorry you're leaving us!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uheym View Post
    I had the Space star for four years, but since I needed more space I decided to buy a Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sport Comfort H2 eCvt 2017 with 13.000 km on the clock.
    Sorry to see you go. I presume you sold your Space Star for the Auris?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    MetroMPG

I LOVE driving Toyota's hybrids! Total eco-nerd video game driving experience managing the gas + electric modes for best fuel economy.
    - Thats true, it's just so much fun to drive it in EV mode, either sneaking into someone or gliding at 75km/t (46mph) if it goes a bit down, or just not up hill then is this possible and of course re-use the breake energy

Eggman

I got about 7200 USD for the car, it had 79.800 on the clock, and i never had a single issue with the car, it was simply just to small in the end .. im a 6 feet 5 inches tall guy..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to uheym For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-27-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by uheym View Post
    and of course re-use the breake energy
    Switching back to a regular car after driving a hybrid/EV feels frustrating every time you have to brake and "throw away" all that kinetic energy. Much better to stick it into a battery to use later.

Though some Euro/JDM Mirage/Space Star have a low-tech 12v version of regenerative braking/coasting. Not in North America!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)