Thread: WTB: OEM Mirage GT Wheels

Country
    United States
    Thanks

WTB: OEM Mirage GT Wheels

I'm just going to put this out there that I'm looking for GT wheels from a 17+ Mirage GT.

I may also entertain other 15" alloys.

Let me know what you have. I am local to Cleveland, Ohio.

Name:  img-1792354230-1519743360050.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  86.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Just throwing some info out there to consider...

The Mirage GT wheel is 15 inches in diameter...but it's only 4.5 inches wide. That is a really narrow width for a 15" wheel. What that means is that you will be limited in the size of tire you can use on that wheel. You may only have 1 usable tire size.

The GT comes with a 175-55-15 tire. Try shopping for tires in that size at Tire Rack, Discount Tire, etc. It's as hard as finding a decent 165-65-14. These are both odd tire sizes that don't have much selection available in the US.

The other issue with the GT wheel is that it has the same overly-positive offset that the Mirage's 14" wheels have. This means these wheels will still have that look of being stuck too far under the fenders of the car. If your goal is to improve the looks of the car, I would forget OEM Mirage wheels completely.

If you want 15" wheels, consider wheels that are 5-6.5" wide. You can use 185-55-15 tires on wheels this wide...which will open up a much larger selection of tires. These wheels will also have less positive offset to help fill up the fenders and give the car a more aggressive stance. There are some great looking wheels out there that are 7" wide...but then you are committing to a larger tire which might have rubbing issues. But that will certainly give your car a really aggressive stance...

Check out these 15" Mini-Cooper wheels which are a direct bolt-on for the Mirage. That's just one possibility. There are others.

Here is one idea for aftermarket 15" wheels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-29-2018),inuvik (06-29-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Priceless advice.

Here's some more inspiration: Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (06-29-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All valid points, but I do plan to run a larger tire on the 15s anyways...

I just like the look and figure someone might sell a set inexpensive. I have never been a fan of most aftermarket wheels.