Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New concept mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That Xpander is hideous looking. I don’t care for some of these new cars like the Lexus or toyota grilles. Civic and accord tail lights are ugly to me. 2019 Camaro etc.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Exactly why Mitsubishi Ph is not holding many stocks of the Xpander here bec they're still studying its feasibilty. But most of us Filipinos love its agreessive looks being similar with the Montero. I guess it will depend in the target market.

It's supposed to compete with the new Toyota's Rush and Avanza. It will not be too long until Mitsu will decide to reveal the 2019 Lancer once Toyota decides to release the revamped 2018 Vios in the market.

I guess while Mitsu is not seeing any threat from toyota's subcompact segment, the new mirage will remain a prototype.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodehunter View Post
    Has anyone have seen the new Xpander yet? I believe the new mirage models won't be much different in terms of the front end. Attachment 12077
    I love the way this thing looks. It's aggressive looking and unique. Mitsubishi needs to stand out to sell anything since there are so many cars for people to choose from. People already assume if you want a reliable car you buy a Toyota, Resale value = Honda, Warranty = Hyundai/Kia, Off road vehicles = Jeep and so on. The only thing that Mitsubishi has to stand out and make people notice them is styling. If they don't have a unique and instantly recognizable style, they have nothing else that will stand out among the rest of the more established brands. Those brands also can pay tons of money for advertising that Mitsubishi does not have.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Mitsubishi needs to stand out to sell anything since there are so many cars for people to choose from. People already assume if you want a reliable car you buy a Toyota, Resale value = Honda, Warranty = Hyundai/Kia, Off road vehicles = Jeep and so on. The only thing that Mitsubishi has to stand out and make people notice them is styling. If they don't have a unique and instantly recognizable style, they have nothing else that will stand out among the rest of the more established brands.
    Mitsubishi has an all-wheel drive history that they are not exploiting.

I'll take function over form.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

I agree, Mitsubishi's All Wheel Drive system is excellent and really should be emphasized more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

That sounds great but Subaru is already playing that card and are winning big time. I doubt that Mitsubishi can do anything right now to make their AWD system sound better to buyers than what Subaru has. Mitsubishi has a good AWD system but they are not known for it and that is their own fault. They should have exploited it years before Subaru became so popular. Now all they have to play with is warranty, styling and maybe some people remember that they used to be sporty and had a successful rally history. I hope that the next generation Mirage stays small and affordable but gets a bit more refined in regards to the interior and ride and handling. I do not want them to go crazy with it and make it expensive or aspirational whatsoever. Keep it small, affordable, fuel efficient and so on but tune the suspension a bit better, give the steering more feel, add about 20 HP, and make it look more modern in and out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    That sounds great but Subaru is already playing that card and are winning big time.
    I thought the same thing. Mitsu has a lot of catching up to do in terms of marketing if they want to compete with Subaru on the AWD front... Here in the US, Subaru = AWD.

Honestly, I think Mitsubishi should just sell very affordable, reliable, well-built cars and trucks. Do what the Koreans started doing two decades ago. Start offering killer warranties on cars that never break anyway. I read somewhere that Mitsubishi offered a 10-year, 160,000km, bumper-to-bumper warranty in Canada for a while?

That would get people's attention!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (07-26-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Evo v. STi - they have a history. The Daimler Chrysler Mitsubishi alliance gutted Mitsubishi research & development.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I thought the same thing. Mitsu has a lot of catching up to do in terms of marketing if they want to compete with Subaru on the AWD front... Here in the US, Subaru = AWD.

Honestly, I think Mitsubishi should just sell very affordable, reliable, well-built cars and trucks. Do what the Koreans started doing two decades ago. Start offering killer warranties on cars that never break anyway. I read somewhere that Mitsubishi offered a 10-year, 160,000km, bumper-to-bumper warranty in Canada for a while?

That would get people's attention!
    I'd prefer an AWD Lancer to an Impreza. Most people in the NorthWest don't even utilize the AWD. Most Subaru owners are the "non-car guys" that don't really know anything about cars. Every Subaru driver turns corners like they have a horse box on the back.

Subaru isn't really utilizing the AWD in terms of marketing. Subaru and Toyota have the same type of marketing that aims at the people who know nothing about cars. Thats why they sell so well.

Its just that Subaru and Mitsubishi were really the only ones offering good AWD for lower and mid range prices. I really don't understand the Eclipse Cross. Its AWD 1.5 turbo, but its a CVT. A sporty car without a manual option? Not sure about that.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I'd prefer an AWD Lancer to an Impreza. Most people in the NorthWest don't even utilize the AWD. Most Subaru owners are the "non-car guys" that don't really know anything about cars. Every Subaru driver turns corners like they have a horse box on the back.

Subaru isn't really utilizing the AWD in terms of marketing. Subaru and Toyota have the same type of marketing that aims at the people who know nothing about cars. Thats why they sell so well.

Its just that Subaru and Mitsubishi were really the only ones offering good AWD for lower and mid range prices. I really don't understand the Eclipse Cross. Its AWD 1.5 turbo, but its a CVT. A sporty car without a manual option? Not sure about that.
    I didn't realize Subaru owners were being judged for their driving! I bought my used 2011 Subaru Forester in 2013 for one reason (AWD with manual transmission). When I was in the market for an AWD vehicle, Jeep & Subaru were the only companies offering newer models with AWD & manual transmissions. When the manuals with AWD were dropped in the CRV & RAV4 line up years prior, I immediately lost interest. If the 2.4L Outlander Sport was offered in an AWD manual trim, it would be my next vehicle purchase. When shopping for vehicles, a manual transmission is my first sort. In today's U.S. market, a manual transmission really reduces your options.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (07-27-2018)