Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mirage gets 'Forward Collision Avoidance' technology in Asian market.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kemdau View Post
    It's FCM but in Mirage is FCM LS (low speed), do you have more information for FCM LS ?
    The Mirage's FCM is low speed (city version of FCM). Here is a chart that gives a breakdown.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

I wonder when I'll be able to get a manual transmission with Standard features:

Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection
    Lane Departure Warning
    Automatic High Beam

Maybe 2022?!

Maybe when they become mandatory if they still sell manuals by then? In Canada you don't get the collision/pedestrian avoidance stuff unless you buy the top spec model.

I think they should start start thinking about making that stuff mandatory in rentals first, especially U-haul vans which seem to be a terrorist favorite.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mirageman38 (08-30-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I wonder when I'll be able to get a manual transmission with Standard features:

Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection
    Lane Departure Warning
    Automatic High Beam

Maybe 2022?!
    I had a loaner vehicle with lane departure warning. Most annoying car that I ever drove (kept beeping at you all the time). Maybe I am terrible driver & didn't know it? I didn't have it long enough to look up how to disable it, & it wasn't my car. It was seriously very annoying! If I had been on a test drive & found out it couldn't be disabled, I would buy something else. I may be stuck driving mopeds in the future.

I would probably pay extra to have a car without those features, but I may be odd?

The distraction of having a touch screen on the dash of vehicles probably warrants the extra safety features in today's cars.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I agree with you on that.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (03-11-2021),Mark (03-11-2021),MirageRally (03-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Maybe when they become mandatory if they still sell manuals by then? In Canada you don't get the collision/pedestrian avoidance stuff unless you buy the top spec model.

I think they should start start thinking about making that stuff mandatory in rentals first, especially U-haul vans which seem to be a terrorist favorite.
    I hope by the time they become federally mandated i can still buy a manual transmission.

U-haul's are a terrorist favorite, why? Do they transport their weapons of mass destruction in them and maybe even a couch or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I had a loaner vehicle with lane departure warning. Most annoying car that I ever drove (kept beeping at you all the time). Maybe I am terrible driver & didn't know it? I didn't have it long enough to look up how to disable it, & it wasn't my car. It was seriously very annoying! If I had been on a test drive & found out it couldn't be disabled, I would buy something else. I may be stuck driving mopeds in the future.

I would probably pay extra to have a car without those features, but I may be odd?

The distraction of having a touch screen on the dash of vehicles probably warrants the extra safety features in today's cars.
    Were you swerving in your lane or was the slightest movements triggering it?

I think in a few more years even base models will come with these electronic aids, sort of like rear backup cameras.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I hope by the time they become federally mandated i can still buy a manual transmission.

Were you swerving in your lane or was the slightest movements triggering it?

I think in a few more years even base models will come with these electronic aids, sort of like rear backup cameras.
    The federal mandate should be if you need lane departure warning to keep your car on the road, your license are pulled. I'm quite serious about that, too!

I also feel all touch screens should be illegal in cars. I don't view that to be much different than texting on a cell phone. Even some things as simple as temperature controls are way too complicated on some vehicles.

Some of the features others crave would just annoy the heck out of me. I will be starting 6 new student drivers (1st lesson) this coming Wednesday. I want young drivers who are safe on the road without relying on technology.

I am not totally against everything either. If a backup camera has saved one child's life in someone's driveway, it's all worth it.