Thread: New lurker

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New lurker

Hey guys/gals,

Been lurking for a few months now and just wanted to add to the forum. I am in the market for a new manual Mirage and this site has helped give me allot of info on the car.
    I'm a Mistu-holic though. I have a 2007 Outlander (bought new), 2007 Eclipse GT, and a 1988 Cordia turbo. I had a 2000 Montero sport and a 1988 Galant Sigma but both were sold. Looking to buy a new Eclipse cross and mirage soon.

Rob

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Wexx.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Will be at the dealer tomorrow to look at a new Outlander sport or Eclipse cross and a Mirage. They have a ES base with a manual in it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WEXX View Post
    Will be at the dealer tomorrow to look at a new Outlander sport or Eclipse cross and a Mirage. They have a ES base with a manual in it.
    I just bought a Mirage G4 one month ago today. It has the infamous rear axle alignment issue. Mitsubishi just ok'd a rear axle replacement and i should get my car back next week. Even my front end alignment was off. If you do buy a Mirage i highly suggest to make sure you have the dealership verify that the alignment at both the front and back are correct before you buy it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Will do. After looking at the rebates I'll be focusing on an Outlander Limited they have there, and then look at the Mirage. I'll be looking to buy the Mirage later this year most likely with cash since Daytona Mitsubishi has the Mirages for under 9000.00 new.

Rob, welcome to the group!

Quote Originally Posted by WEXX View Post
    1988 Cordia turbo.
    Had to look that one up. I don't recognize the name -- wasn't sold in Canada or rebadged by another company.

Have you test-driven the Mirage yet? Thoughts?

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Rob, welcome to the group!

Had to look that one up. I don't recognize the name -- wasn't sold in Canada or rebadged by another company.

Have you test-driven the Mirage yet? Thoughts?

Darin
    No test drive yet. Was busy at the dealer Saturday buying our new Eclipse Cross but I will be going back to look at the car soon.
    As for the Cordia, they are STUPID rare, as in mine is one of two turbo (GSR) trim running in the states. I know of two GSL (non-turbo) in the states and that is it. There are no GSRs in Japan and only one GSL. The rest are mostly in Australia and a few in Europe.

Rob