Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
    The color that I really like (sunrise orange) seems to be a little harder to find in the GT trim so would going with the SE be a better choice?
    Make 'em find you one. If you let them know you are a serious buyer, they will.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    do not buy the fiesta... unless is a stick but even then is a nightmare in reliability
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Be assertive!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Make 'em find you one. If you let them know you are a serious buyer, they will.
    I bought a 2017 Mirage when the 2018 models were already on the lots. A good Mitsubishi dealer will find you the car you want, especially if they are located in a large metro area. I called a dealership that had a good reputation & excellent reviews. When I called the general manager, he picked up his own phone. He openly discussed "out the door" prices, & there were no surprises! He found my 1st choice in color in a very short time, & he had the car delivered to my home a few days later (over 200 miles) for free. We did the paperwork on my kitchen table, & I met my salesman at that moment. The general manager made the entire deal, and he sent one of his salesman to deliver the car.

My point is that a good dealer has access to what is really out there, & they will find you what you want. Don't rely on cars.com or autotrader.com, because not all dealerships use those sites. Sadly, a more local dealership was not as helpful. Huge difference in consumer service! If you don't find one dealership to be extremely helpful, search for another. That is what I did, & I save myself a couple $1000 in the process. I have nothing against my local dealership, & I may use them in the future. They just weren't interested in helping me find exactly what I wanted, & I went elsewhere. You are the consumer. You call the shots, not them!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I bought a 2017 Mirage when the 2018 models were already on the lots. A good Mitsubishi dealer will find you the car you want, especially if they are located in a large metro area. I called a dealership that had a good reputation & excellent reviews. When I called the general manager, he picked up his own phone. He openly discussed "out the door" prices, & there were no surprises! He found my 1st choice in color in a very short time, & he had the car delivered to my home a few days later (over 200 miles) for free. We did the paperwork on my kitchen table, & I met my salesman at that moment. The general manager made the entire deal, and he sent one of his salesman to deliver the car.

My point is that a good dealer has access to what is really out there, & they will find you what you want. Don't rely on cars.com or autotrader.com, because not all dealerships use those sites. Sadly, a more local dealership was not as helpful. Huge difference in consumer service! If you don't find one dealership to be extremely helpful, search for another. That is what I did, & I save myself a couple $1000 in the process. I have nothing against my local dealership, & I may use them in the future. They just weren't interested in helping me find exactly what I wanted, & I went elsewhere. You are the consumer. You call the shots, not them!
    or use cargurus.com or trucar
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    This has got to be the last NEW 2015 left in the USA.

http://www.pierremitsubishi.com/new/...9289bad35d.htm

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-14-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    This has got to be the last NEW 2015 left in the USA.

http://www.pierremitsubishi.com/new/...9289bad35d.htm
    And it's a 5-speed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    And it's a 5-speed.
    A CLONE of my car, and local. 2015. Red. ES. Manual.

I have thought about walking in and offering them $7,000 cash just to see what they would say. I could probably get around $4,000-$4,500 for mine, and start over with a car that only has a few hundred miles on the odometer for about $3,000 out-of-pocket!

I don't think this car is actually at this dealership anymore. Last time I saw it listed online it was at one of those high-interest-we-finance-anybody outfits.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have 2 2017 se’s Both manuals. They have been perfect so far. No issues at all.

I have only 8k on mine but my wife has like 13k on hers as she is currently driving 100mi round trip to work and back!

I enjoy driving it and the crazy good mileage.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My 14 mirage was the first new car i've bought, and other than normal maintenance, mostly trouble free. Has a loud and obnoxious starter sometimes, though, and the 10 year warranty did not cover my heat shield that got loose. Fun to drive, go-cart-like car. After 100,000 kms now or 60k miles my rear drum brakes need doing. Front discs done at 60k and tires. Drives straight as an arrow smooth like an audi in a weird way

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Top Fuel was spot on about the high cost of the hid headlights. That reason alone is why I wouldn't consider the GT, if I were purchasing for myself. I'd go for the middle model SE instead. A few very important upgrades like cruise control that the ES doesn't have.