Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of buying a mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Top Fuel was spot on about the high cost of the hid headlights. That reason alone is why I wouldn't consider the GT, if I were purchasing for myself. I'd go for the middle model SE instead. A few very important upgrades like cruise control that the ES doesn't have.
    Does the Mirage use Xenon headlights? If so, they aren't too bad cost-wise when they burn out. Sucks when a ballast resistor goes bad. But if you break/crack one and need to replace it...OUCH.

I really wish they still made the SE manual cars. Really, really, REAAAALLY. Obviously, that would be the choice. Hell, why can't I ORDER ONE?? But I have grown so used to the FAST key system that I am not sure I could buy a new ES just to get the manual transmission. If I have to get an SE and have to get a CVT, I might as well just spend a few hundred dollars more and get the GT.

HID headlights I can take or leave, but I LOVE the GT's 'bun-toasters'. Had them in my BMW, and those alone would be worth the honestly quite modest extra cost of the GT Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I have the Rostra seat heaters and I agree with you 100%. Makes a huge world of difference to get some heat on these middle age bones!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Belated welcome to the group, Matchstick.

Have you test-driven one yet? Please keep us posted on what you do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)