Thread: No rca out on the factory stereo?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

No rca out on the factory stereo?

Hi,

I was considering to install an amplifier but just now notice that the factory stereo does not have any rca out ports. So how should I proceed?

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    ...install an amplifier
    ...factory stereo does not have any rca out ports
    What's your goal?

1. You want more volume from the door speakers
    2. You want to add a subwoofer
    3. You want to do 1 and 2

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Goal is higher volume and better audio quality. No subwoofer.

I already have an old amplifier from my old car and was intending to use that with the factory radio until I discovered that there are no rca ouputs on the factory stereo so that stopped me in my tracks.

Sigh, I was doing my best not to have this turn into an expensive project but it appears I may indeed have to:

A) Install an amp
    b) Install 4 new speakers
    c) Install an aftermarket headunit

EDIT: Come to think of it I think I will indeed upgrade the headunit. I wanted to save money but it occurs to me 3 things that I really despise about the factory headunit:

1) There is no bluetooth (on the trim level I selected which is the barebones one) so I have to use a shoddy clipped on the sun-visor speaker
    2) There is no pause button so I have to hold down power for 3 seconds to turn the radio off when a phone call comes in
    3) The folder hierarchy system when reading a USB stick has no rhyme or reason and oftentimes the chapters in my audio-book are in the wrong sequence. This becomes very irritating.
    Last edited by fc321; 07-13-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

if you're gonna use the factory head unit just try one of these or get an amp that has inputs that you can just hook your speaker outputs into it. If that makes sense...

https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PLVHL60-C...l_837nyrcqk7_e
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-14-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Goal is higher volume and better audio quality. No subwoofer.
    Any double-DIN aftermarket unit will outperform your stock radio and have more features. Most will have plenty of power in stock form to adequately power the door speakers. If you aren't trying to shake the neighborhood, keep it simple...save your money...and skip an external amplifier.

So here is an example for you. It's $110 shipped...and it comes with a FREE wiring harness and dash kit to install it. Actually...visit the website a couple of times and you can get it for $105 after another discount offer pops up. How can you beat that? If you want a fancier touch-screen unit, spend another few dollars and get something like this. I have this unit in my car and it works great.

Spend another $100 to upgrade your 4 door speakers and you're all set. Use the proper wiring adapters and you won't have to cut anything. Just plug n play.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-14-2018),Fummins (07-16-2018)