Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TPMS questions

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr990 View Post
    Well, I hate to tell you this, Top_Fuel, but you should have chosen an Autel TS601 or a TS508, since they're capable of doing an assisted TPMS relearn, like the Mitsubishi Mirage in question
    Has anyone physically verified these models work? I'm interested in buying a TPMS tool and am would rather purchase something that can do the assisted relearn with Redi sensors instead of going the cloning route.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    ...would rather purchase something that can do the assisted relearn with Redi sensors instead of going the cloning route.
    I'm curious, too. The main hurdle is finding a tool that can put the Mirage's TPMS computer into "relearn" mode so you can walk around and trigger the sensors. Supposedly some cheaper Autel tools can do this (yet nobody has actually done it). At this point it seems that only the more expensive (~$1000) tools can do this.

Autel Tech support told me over a year ago that my own tool (TS501) should be able to this. But it didn't work when I tried. I will download their latest software update for my tool and try it again to see what happens.

EDIT - I just downloaded the latest software to my tool and it still won't put my car into TPMS "relearn" mode.

Autel has been pretty responsive when I email their tech support (even though it's in China). If my tool won't do it, I will ask them which of their low-budget tools can do it. If it doesn't cost $1,000...I'll buy one and we'll find out if it works.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 09-05-2019 at 01:18 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What impresses me the most about Autel is they offer free updates. Bartec won’t let you update their products unless you buy an expensive subscription.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    What impresses me the most about Autel is they offer free updates. Bartec won’t let you update their products unless you buy an expensive subscription.
    I like the fact that Autel sells an affordable tool like the TS408 ($120) that clones sensors, & their clone-able sensors ($30) don't seem all that expensive.

I would rather clone a set of snow tires. Once they are cloned, no tool is needed. Change wheels & go! If you have a dead sensor, you clone a replacement, & you are done.

I like the fact the clone-able sensors codes can be changed. I would rather not buy an expensive tool, visit a tire shop, or dealership to reprogram the car.

Having said that, it would be nice to know if a cheap tool can do both!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I like the fact the clone-able sensors codes can be changed.
    And they can be reprogrammed to another TPMS if they are sold.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)