Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
That's the absolute easiest/best way to have a set of spare wheels and maintain your TPMS system.

Absolutely. Any decent TPMS tool can do this. Any place that sells tires should have a tool that can do this. Don't expect places like Sam's, Costco, Walmart, etc to have a tool like this. My local Discount Tire can do it. They might even read your sensor ID's and not charge you for it.

Different manufacturers make their own programmable (clone-able) sensors and cloning tools. So different brands aren't compatible with one another. For example... Schrader makes a programmable sensor called the EZ Sensor. But you have to have a Schrader TPMS tool to program it.

I have an Autel TS501 tool. It can read sensor IDs and it can program Autel MX sensors. It can also plug into the OBDII port to read the sensor ID's in the car's computer and it can write new ID's into the computer. It's worked on multiple cars I've tested...but amazingly is does NOT work with the Mirage ETACs!!! I'm still working with the manufacturer to try to get a solution. But if it can read/clone sensors, you don't need a tool that talks to the car's computer anyway.

If the computer doesn't see 4 TPMS sensors for any reason, the light will flash at first when the car is started...then it will just stay on constantly. There is no chime.

Holy smokes...like Cobrajet said...that POS Mitsubishi Reset tool does NOT work with the Mirage!!!
Ok, sounds like that Autel (with Autel sensors) will do what I need. I have all four original working sensors, btw. Guess if they are cloned while the batteries are still good, it'll avoid a trip to the dealer.
Thanks very much, I appreciate the info.