Thread: TPMS questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr990 View Post
    ...you should have chosen an Autel TS601 or a TS508, since they're capable of doing an assisted TPMS relearn, like the Mitsubishi Mirage
    Thanks for pointing that out. Now...do I believe that's true because that's what the manufacturer's application chart says? Not really. I've bought (and returned) more than 1 TPMS tool where a manufacturer said it would work on a Mirage...and it didn't.

When I bought my current Autel tool I emailed them and they said the OBD functionality (relearn, reading TPMS trouble codes, reading TPMS IDs) would work on a Mirage. Then I got it and (surprise!) it didn't. I had several emails back and forth with their tech support engineers in China. They even made me a software update and had one of their guys here in the US try a few things. The end result from Autel..."Uhhh, you know what? Apparently our tool won't work on a Mirage after all."

Don't get me wrong...I appreciate that they tried to help. But at this point, I won't believe anything from any of these companies until I have the tool in my hand and it works on my Mirage. I would still like to have the ability to read/write IDs from the TPMS computer, but I really don't NEED that ability to address 99% of the TPMS issues I'll ever have. I'll stick with an inexpensive tool and just clone sensors.

The only tool I've seen that does seem to work with a Mirage is a tool from Bartec. And it requires the use of a special "Mitsubishi-only" cable during the re-learn process. The need for a unique Mitsubishi OBDII cable tells me that there is something odd about our systems that some manufacturers don't seem to understand. Here's a video of the Bartec tool...

https://youtu.be/miv_oQM4lyc
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 01-06-2019 at 04:16 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)