Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hooray! From Oklahoma, USA

No driving at ALL in NYC?

When I lived in Toronto, I didn't usually drive during the week, but I liked having my car to escape on weekends.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    No driving at ALL in NYC?

When I lived in Toronto, I didn't usually drive during the week, but I liked having my car to escape on weekends.
    I was in that "I will use public transit and give up conventional ownership of vehicles" phase of my life, which ended when I moved back to Oklahoma and so far out in the country that there was no way of getting to a store except horseback or vehicle.

Uber actually comes out here, and we do have a pickup, but it was time for me to have my own car again. I had to get a license again too!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leogryffin View Post
    I was in that "I will use public transit and give up conventional ownership of vehicles" phase of my life, which ended when I moved back to Oklahoma and so far out in the country that there was no way of getting to a store except horseback or vehicle.
    I'm sure you'll appreciate the soft suspension of your new Mirage over the option of riding horseback into town.

You'll get use to your manual transmission soon enough, too! I go back & forth between two vehicles with manual transmissions. At first, the Mirage manual felt a little odd to me. Now, when I go back to my other vehicle that manual is the one that feels odd. I understand what you mean about the neutral feeling a different, too.

You'll adjust and love it! Manuals are a blast to drive! Enjoy your new Mirage!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

leogryffin (08-02-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Hey leogryffin how's your Ruby Star holding up after your first couple weeks of ownership?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey hey!

She's wonderful. Generally I only use her for runs to town, but I did take her on a 160 mile round trip on a 75-mile an hour expressway and was pleasantly surprised by how well she did and how great my mileage was on the trip.

My typical drive is 8 miles on a 65mph state highway and then town driving and I'm averaging 41.6. On the longer trip I was at about 43.6. Just had the TPMS come on and discovered three of the four tires were somewhat underinflated and one was really underinflated, and I'm not running A/C anymore, so interested to see how that changes things. The car has 46K miles on it so it's pretty broken in.

I am just tickled every time I get behind the wheel still! I love this little car.