Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: NST Lightweight OEM Pulley Kit "Buy-In" (GROUP BUY!)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Dibs! ��
    Duly noted.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post
    Super exciting! I was looking at my bay earlier thinking about the best course of action for the crank pulley, I'm glad to hear it's as easy as removing the wheel and liner. Were the other pulleys just as easy to swap out?
    The only issues I had was gaining access to the crank pulley, and lining up the bolts on the water pump and the square-head bolt on the alternator. I used a telescopic mirror to get a look, and some gentle nudging to gain access for the required bolts.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrush View Post
    The install was surprisingly easy. It was really all about about getting access to the crank bolt. Once in position, the bolt comes right out and the pulley follows suit. I have notified NST of my "test" results. I assume they will be making a statement and sending out the pulleys to our paying members, very soon.
    Did you take an impact to loosen the crank pulley bolt? Or did you use a tooling to hold the pulley in place as you break the nut torque?

I have an impact but have read that its not advisable to use an impact on the crank and secondly my impact might not have enough torque to break it loose.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fit View Post
    Did you take an impact to loosen the crank pulley bolt? Or did you use a tooling to hold the pulley in place as you break the nut torque?

I have an impact but have read that its not advisable to use an impact on the crank and secondly my impact might not have enough torque to break it loose.
    As stated before, Loren did have some issue removing the crank pulley with his impact gun. Personally, I have a strong impact gun. I was confident it would have the torque to remove the bolt, and it did. For me, it came off like a breeze with an impact gun. I hope others have the same results.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Qrush For This Useful Post:

Fit (01-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post

1. Qrush - USA - gold -PAID-
    2. Benaragon2012 - USA - gold -PAID-
    3. Fit - Singapore - black -PAID-
    4. Phaux - USA - black -PAID-
    5. Wallawallaman - USA - gold -PAID-
    6. Mitz - Philippines - black -PAID-
    7. Gnestovia - USA - blue -PAID-
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -

MIKE @ NST
    www.NonStopTuning.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrush View Post
    NST pulleys have been installed. The fitment is correct and the set lined up nicely. I detect no excess vibration. On 1st test run, car runs fine and comes to curb idle a little quicker. Car revs quicker as well. Hard to notice power gains on such a short test with a 300 lb passenger. I will get a better test with a lengthy run on Friday.

A couple of suggestions to make the install go smoother:
    1. remove passenger side wheel
    2. remove/maneuver wheel well dust cover (remove push clips), to give easier access to the crank pulley. I just removed the necessary clips and pushed the dust cover to the side, enough to create the room to fit an impact gun.
    3. loosen top motor mount bolts, just a little bit. this will drop the engine just enough to allow impact gun to line up with the crank pulley bolt.

When you have your OEM pulleys in hand to compare with the NST pulleys, its easy to notice the difference in weight. They look sharp and fitment was on point. I think we are safe to call the NST pulleys good-to-go.

Glad to hear the positive feedback

Pulleys will undergo the process of engraving and final touches this weekend and into next week, we expect to have packages and tracking info for all GB members in about 10-12 days. We've also been working on a few extra kits and will have them available for sale after GB packages ship out, so if you've been sitting on the sidelines and waiting, you may still be able to get your own kit!

Again, many thanks for everyone's help and support in making this project a reality. Your help and support is much appreciated!

MIKE @ NST
    www.NonStopTuning.com

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    How did you change out the water pump pulley? I've gone to remove it before and it seems like it would be a pain.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The water pump pulley was easiest of all. 4-10 mm bolts, easily accessible. The only issue there will be properly lining up the 1st bolt, when installing the new pulley. Again, I used a telescopic mirror to get a good look and line up the 1st bolt. But that was a luxury that is not necessary, if you are patient. After that, it was cake.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Qrush For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a rather odd question, do you happen to know what size the crankshaft bolt is and alternator nut are? As in thread pitch, bolt thickness, and length? Thank you! I'm thinking the nut is a M14 but I may be wrong.

Sounds silly, but I plan on replacing the steel nut and bolt with titanium to save a bit more weight. I know it's pricey but every little bit helps.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    I have a rather odd question, do you happen to know what size the crankshaft bolt is and alternator nut are? As in thread pitch, bolt thickness, and length? Thank you! I'm thinking the nut is a M14 but I may be wrong.

Sounds silly, but I plan on replacing the steel nut and bolt with titanium to save a bit more weight. I know it's pricey but every little bit helps.
    Sorry Gnest, that was not a consideration of mine. And those horses are in the barn, so to speak. You're gonna have to wait and see yourself. Good luck, bud.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I understand no problem