Thread: Rear speaker wire colors?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Rear speaker wire colors?

I searched the entire forum cannot find the colors for the rear speaker wires.

Please help.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I searched the entire forum cannot find the colors for the rear speaker wires.

Please help.
    Here ya go.

Name:  Mirage Speakers.JPG
Views: 15653
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  Mirage Speaker Color Codes.JPG
Views: 4438
Size:  18.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (07-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks alot. I got lucky and chose grey as positive (im doing rear doors first)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The speaker wires that run from the amplifier should I tap into the wires coming out of the Metra 70-7005 wiring harness or tap into the actual Mitsubishi wires themselves?

Its alot easier to grab the wires that come out of the harness (because they are properly color coded) but I wonder if I will lose any sound quality?

Its more complicated to intercept them from the Mitsubishi harness because for example the rear wires are blue/gray and blue/gray so I wont even know which is rear-left and which is rear-right.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Its more complicated to intercept them from the Mitsubishi harness because for example the rear wires are blue/gray and blue/gray so I wont even know which is rear-left and which is rear-right.
    Here are two options for identifying your rear-speaker wiring:

1. Follow the circuit wiring.

Count the pins on the connector. Usually one pin location has a unique mark of some sort which identifies it as pin one. Connectors vary, but pin one usually looks different from the rest and is typically found in a corner of a square or rectangular connector body. Sometimes they are numbered - if they can be read.

The diagram posted by inuvik has all the information. Following the notation found in the diagram:

Circuit Connector Pin Color
    Speaker Rear Left + Radio 7 {G}
    C-117 15 {SB}
    D-14 6 {GR}
    Speaker +
    Speaker Rear Left - Radio 17 {W}
    C-117 16 {R}
    D-14 5 {SB}
    Speaker -
    Speaker Rear Right + Radio 5 {BR}
    C-117 17 {R}
    D-02 6 {GR}
    Speaker +
    Speaker Rear Right - Radio 15 {GR}
    C-117 18 {BR}
    D-02 5 {SB}
    Speaker -

2. Use your balance control and a volt meter to determine which set is left and which set is right.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for that information. I was confused with the wiring diagram.

But I am wondering if there is any benefit to intercepting the wires from the actual mitsubishi. I was reading in general that it is bad practice to cut the manufacturer harness at all and in this case since I am going to use the Metra wiring harness if there is any benefit to intercepting the wires from Mitsubishi rather than to simply grab them out of the Metra harness which is properly labeled with color codes.

Wow this has been a complex project for me. I am up to almost 10 hours of labor and I keep getting interrupted by telephone calls and people and it has started to rain 4 times and interrupted me. I ran into numerous mistakes and problems. I hope the video I am making will prevent others from wasting so much time and making mistakes.

Cutting the metal door with a Sawzall was very difficult to fit the 6.5" speakers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for that information. I was confused with the wiring diagram.

But I am wondering if there is any benefit to intercepting the wires from the actual mitsubishi. I was reading in general that it is bad practice to cut the manufacturer harness at all and in this case since I am going to use the Metra wiring harness if there is any benefit to intercepting the wires from Mitsubishi rather than to simply grab them out of the Metra harness which is properly labeled with color codes.

Wow this has been a complex project for me. I am up to almost 10 hours of labor and I keep getting interrupted by telephone calls and people and it has started to rain 4 times and interrupted me. I ran into numerous mistakes and problems. I hope the video I am making will prevent others from wasting so much time and making mistakes.

Cutting the metal door with a Sawzall was very difficult to fit the 6.5" speakers.
    One of the big benefits is ease of installation if you just run your own wire to the speaker's especially from an amp. It also allows you to easily take the whole system out if you want to sell the car. Unless you are serious audiophile you probably won't notice a difference if you splice into the existing harness versus running the wires directly.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rkt Ship For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-30-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The speaker wires that run from the amplifier should I tap into the wires coming out of the Metra 70-7005 wiring harness or tap into the actual Mitsubishi wires themselves?

Its alot easier to grab the wires that come out of the harness (because they are properly color coded) but I wonder if I will lose any sound quality?

Could you please assist me with the blue gray blue gray you spoke of?