Thread: Activating fog light circuit.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Activating fog light circuit.

Hey all, I'm about to wire in some cubes in the fog light location.

Do I have factory wiring under there? Will it need to be dealer flashed to use fog circuit, or will it just work once wired?

2018, no factory fogs, have the switch on the multistock but it doesnt indicate on-off, it's just dead at the moment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The fog light function on the ETACS has to be activated. Gotta make a trip to the stealership or find somebody with an MUT-3/ETACS Decoder.

Other than that, it is basically plug-and-play. All the wiring is there, but I am not sure about the fog light relay in the underhood fuse box. That will come with an OEM fog light kit. Early '14 models are a bit of a PITA because the turn signal switch has to be replaced (no fog switch), and the kit for that car was over $400.

But from mid-'14 on Mitsubishi just put the fog light-capable turn signal switch into all trim levels, so it is pretty simple to add fogs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-02-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Check out this thread: Installing fog lights on existing factory wiring

Like Cobrajet said...all the wiring is in place. The only thing you are missing is a $10 relay (according to that thread I linked). Hook everything up and activate it in the ETACs module.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-02-2018)